Legal Information Regarding a 'Britney Jean' Lawsuit Against RCA

This will only hurt Britney. And I doubt she had anything to say in the process.
As much as I hate what happened to BJ and how they used someone else’s vocals for lead, there’s no way I wanna be a part of this. I’d rather let it go (Unless we’re discussing it obviously) and hope for a better future for Britney and her music. 

• Super Mods

I think you are looking to get a huge chunk of money out of this and relying on us to provide you with more “evidence” to back your claims. Lawyers will tell you anything so they can get a case but you’re dealing with RCA who has a team of lawyers that will crush you in an instant. Not to mention what they are doing is legal, Myah got paid for her work and is credited as a vocalist. This case will get thrown out in court with everyone laughing at you 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I think you are looking to get a huge chunk of money out of this and relying on us to provide you with more “evidence” to back your claims. Lawyers will tell you anything so they can get a case but you’re dealing with RCA who has a team of lawyers that will crush you in an instant. Not to mention what they are doing is legal, Myah got paid for her work and is credited as a vocalist. This case will get thrown out in court with everyone laughing at you 

She was credited as a background vocalist, and that's what I had been saying for years in those threads, but some fans kept debating me, insisting she actually sang lead vocals on full or almost full songs + choruses of certain songs. If the allegations are true (some choruses were definitely dubbed), what they did was illegal, but as I said, I'm no longer pursuing it, so it'll always officially remain speculation. 

12 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I never wanted to believe the Britney Jean album was dubbed by Myah Marie. That said, six years later, the allegations persist, and there is some audio evidence that Myah Marie did dub certain parts (such as the chorus of Brightest Morning Star—I've listened to Myah's raw takes as well as Britney's—the "take me home" part of Alien and the "Not alone" hook of Alien). Note: ad-libs like those heard at the end of Tik Tik Boom don't actually qualify as dubbing.

This video resumes all of the allegations:

Years ago, after gathering evidence, a Michael Jackson fan brought a lawsuit against Sony Music over three songs alleged to have been dubbed by vocalist Jason Malachi on a posthumous release called Michael. Sony, however, managed to win twice: https://www.mjvibe.com/sony-wins-fake-michael-jackson-recording-claims-for-second-time/

The case is still ongoing, though:

This takes us to Britney Jean, an RCA (Sony Music) release. I've spoken to a lawyer, and here's how it goes. If the allegations are true, fraud was indeed committed by a number of participants (Anthony Preston, will.i.am, William Orbit, Julian Prindle, David Guetta and so on + Myah Marie, Britney Spears and RCA executives). In order to initiate legal action...

1. We'd need a forensic analysis of the lead vocals of the Britney Jean album. Such an analysis could cost  around $400 per hour, and it would likely take a few days at least. The analyst would need to (if not already familiar) take some time to get familiar w/ Britney Spears' recording voice, and then do the same thing w/ Myah Marie's by listening to her own solo material. Would any of you be interested in crowdfunding the analysis?

2. We'd need a plaintiff, preferably someone living in the United States who purchased a copy of Britney Jean (hence gave RCA money) believing Britney Spears was indeed the lead vocalist of all songs.

3. We'd need witnesses, credible witnesses. Lawyers don't like conspiracy theories, and they'd need credible witnesses as in individuals close to the situation who may have seen or heard something and have a serious reason to believe dubbing indeed occurred on that record.

4. We'd need to explain why would RCA commit such fraud knowing the risk, the liability that it is, esp. after the Milli Vanilli scandal and since Myah Marie's own father, Murray Langston,  claimed his daughter was dubbing Britney's voice months prior to the album's release. Unless we come up with a plausible explanation, our accusation may be seen as a baseless conspiracy theory.

To conclude, if there was indeed some dubbing, proving all of Body Ache and most of Work B***hChillin' With You and Til It's Gone were also dubbed is going to be harder.

Note: In the booklet, Myah Marie's credited for singing background vocals on Work *****Tik Tik BoomTil It's GoneChillin' With You and Now That I Found You. On SoundBetter, Myah Marie confirms in her credits to have also done background vocals on Alien, It Should Be Easy and Body Ache. On her Spotify playlist Songs I've Been a Part of, Myah Marie confirms to have also done background vocals on Don't CryBrightest Morning Star and Hold on Tight.

I'd do it because I just can't with that pile of **** being a part of her immaculate discography :disappointed:

She uploaded the original glory cover years after, why can't she sneakily delete BJ from the streaming platforms? 

Mariah doesn't have glitter on streaming services, she should do the same with Bad Jogologo

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Alex_1991 said:

Mariah doesn't have glitter on streaming services, she should do the same with Bad Jogologo

Hnngg~ No Glitter slander. :queenie:

For the record, Mariah wants Glitter to be on streaming platforms as well. She says she's working on it. :bigkiss:

4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Exactly! It was never about suing Britney herself but RCA! I made it very clear in the title and body of my post! The lawyer explained if there was fraud, Britney was involved, but Britney herself would not be sued. That said, I'll let it go since not enough fans would want to pursue it.

Yes I read you mentioned the label but I’m sure this would also come back to Britney? So she can give a green light for the album to be released and profit off of it but then when things go wrong only her label would suffer? Makes no sense. The MJ situation is different, he is dead and the label alone was allegedly fraudulent, so it could never affect his legacy. And again, even if in some other world she wasn’t affected by the lawsuit, we would be tarnishing her legacy, her other albums would start being questioned by the GP, people already see her as a puppet, what do you think they would think of Britney? This is worrying coming from a ‘fan’, and I wished you had let this idea go not because there aren’t enough people on board (thank GOD) but instead because you realized it would hurt Britney more than anyone and this is something that you shouldn’t even do to your worst enemy.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Yes I read you mentioned the label but I’m sure this would also come back to Britney? So she can give a green light for the album to be released and profit off of it but then when things go wrong only her label would suffer? Makes no sense. The MJ situation is different, he is dead and the label alone was allegedly fraudulent, so it could never affect his legacy. And again, even if in some other world she wasn’t affected by the lawsuit, we would be tarnishing her legacy, her other albums would start being questioned by the GP, people already see her as a puppet, what do you think they would think of Britney? This is worrying coming from a ‘fan’, and I wished you had let this idea go not because there aren’t enough people on board (thank GOD) but instead because you realized it would hurt Britney more than anyone and this is something that you shouldn’t even do to your worst enemy.

One of my friends, a recording engineer, has just sent me this:

For years, he's been telling me that song was fully dubbed at 100%. I never wanted to believe it, but he insists. Just days ago, out of the blue, he linked me to the Brightest Morning Star stems (Myah's and Britney's), and that made me think of Vera Serova's lawsuit against Sony Music regarding the Michael album. 

You have great points here. That said, you must be aware of the current #FreeBritney movement. In the event all those dubbing allegations are true, it would prove even more how shady and deceitful her team can be, and a winning case could actually help the #FreeBritney movement.

That said, I'm no longer pursuing it. As I stated above, I therefore hope other fans will stop bringing up those allegations, then every few months or so.

32 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

One of my friends, a recording engineer, has just sent me this:

For years, he's been telling me that song was fully dubbed at 100%. I never wanted to believe it, but he insists. Just days ago, out of the blue, he linked me to the Brightest Morning Star stems (Myah's and Britney's), and that made me think of Vera Serova's lawsuit against Sony Music regarding the Michael album. 

You have great points here. That said, you must be aware of the current #FreeBritney movement. In the event all those dubbing allegations are true, it would prove even more how shady and deceitful her team can be, and a winning case could actually help the #FreeBritney movement.

That said, I'm no longer pursuing it. As I stated above, I therefore hope other fans will stop bringing up those allegations, then every few months or so.

I really don’t think an album lawsuit would shed light on anything related to a conservatorship, just because they were allegedly ‘shady’ with the album’s vocals wouldn’t necessarily mean they are shady when it comes to the conservatorship (which we know they have always been, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that), what can help us on the conservatorship topic is the evidence we have. This would only be bad to Britney plus I guarantee you you’d lose the case, y’all can’t even go against Lou with actual proof, let alone RCA Records. All in all I’m glad you’ve dropped this idea, regardless of the reason.

• Like 1

I'm speechless, some "fans" have a really sad and pathetic life... Some of you acting like they killed your mothers or something, damn it, just move on, just let it go, focus on your lives, instead of losing time to do s*itty thing like this, oh my Godness. I can't believe people like this really exist!

Talking about suing people for an 7 years old album that you paid 10$? 15$???? IT WAS SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney may won't be sued but one more time you will  dragged her name through the mire AGAIN! She has the worst fanbase seriously! It's not the time! Give the girl a break, you guys complain everytime about her looks and it's make her sad, even if she won't admit it... You guys just did an amazing job with the Glory marathon, don't ruin everything because you lost 10$!

RCA did it, not Britney and by doing this only Britney will be hurt, keep that in your stupid head! HER NAME WILL BE DRAGED, RCA will may pay something and that's it! But Britney will be the first victim of your stupid revenge!!!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Johanpapz said:

I'm speechless, some "fans" have a really sad and pathetic life... Some of you acting like they killed your mothers or something, damn it, just move on, just let it go, focus on your lives, instead of losing time to do s*itty thing like this, oh my Godness. I can't believe people like this really exist!

Talking about suing people for an 7 years old album that you paid 10$? 15$???? IT WAS SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney may won't be sued but one more time you will  dragged her name through the mire AGAIN! She has the worst fanbase seriously! It's not the time! Give the girl a break, you guys complain everytime about her looks and it's make her sad, even if she won't admit it... You guys just did an amazing job with the Glory marathon, don't ruin everything because you lost 10$!

RCA did it, not Britney and by doing this only Britney will be hurt, keep that in your stupid head! HER NAME WILL BE DRAGED, RCA will may pay something and that's it! But Britney will be the first victim of your stupid revenge!!!

Wished I could like your post 20 times! These are my exact thoughts, word for word agreed. It's hard to think a 'fan' would wanna put her through that kind of emotional distress, affect her financially AND tarnish her legacy all for an album that he/she paid $10 for or maybe didn't even buy it. And what's worse is you can see a few 3 or 4 'fans' agreeing:hideous:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Hnngg~ No Glitter slander. :queenie:

For the record, Mariah wants Glitter to be on streaming platforms as well. She says she's working on it. :bigkiss:

I LOVE Glitter ❤️ don't stop is my jam forever and when Mariah sang Loverboy for the first time a couple years a go I literally had a heart attack :mcry:

• Love 1
22 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Are going to sue JLo too? Because the same rumours plague several of her albums.

This is so dumb. Why would you even entertain the idea of suing over a $12 album? Financially, there is nothing to gain. 
If you really care about the deception, focus on the big picture regarding her personal situation. Not some silly fan obsession with analysing every detail of her second lowest selling album that no one outside the fan base remembers. 

This isn't a rumour though.

• Love 1