How would you have handled Glory?

reecejwilson

How would you have liked the Glory era to pan out? Promotional appearances, singles, performances and more 

Had the unreleased version of the Make Me video released :urite: Mood Ring included in the track-list :kyliecry: and the original artwork used, the era may just have been so much better.
It would have been awesome to see Britney perform Make Me at the 2016 BBMA'S, and DYWCO performed at the VMA'S , as well as Make Me - without me, myself & i (obviously, with this unused choreography) 

Spoiler

I would've also loved to see Just Luv Me, Love Me Down, Hard to Forget Ya (sounds super radio friendly :queenflopga:as singles! 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much everything you said. 3 properly promoted singles with MV’s (that weren’t scrapped and replaced) would have been great. 
I have said since Glory came out that Love Me Down should have been the lead and I stand by it. It’s still such a bop, made for the radio and imo had the potential to get the GP interested in Britney again. 

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) would have been a good promo single. And Liar (should have been remastered) and been her return to live vocalney :katybelt:

Ah, what could have been :byesmoke:

May 2016: Release Make Me the week of the BBMAs with the music video, and perform it at the BBMAs with outrageous choreography and concept among her medley. Honestly this alone guaranteed would have made it gone top 5 based on controversy alone. If she did a few late night shows #1 EASILY, not joking.

June 2016: Continue promotion of Make Me performing it around the talk shows and doing interviews. Also release Private Show as a promotional single with that perfume commercial as a mini music video. 
July 2016: Announce Glory early in the month with a release date of August 26. It would’ve had the cover art of the 2020 one . Also I would’ve announced a bundle with her Las Vegas residency where every ticket came with a digital download code. This would’ve solidified its number one debut before it even released. Along with the album release “Better” is released as the second single with a choreography heavy video of Britney in the desert, to tie the themes of the cover with the album. For the remainder of July and August before the release date continue heavy promotion.

August 2016: VMA week, on August 26 the album releases and she drops the music video for Change Your Mind (Remix ft. Drake). She performs the song with Drake at the VMAs along with Make Me. The performance is iconic with a heavy dance break for Change Your Mind. Basically the real 2016 vmas performance but with an actual budget and atmosphere. Britney has pre-recorded vocals and the performance does not go right after Beyoncé, but instead opens the ceremony. Glory debuts at #1 with 250k+ and Change Your Mind goes top 5, possible #1 with the company of Drake.

September & October 2016: Promotion continues but slows down a little, songs from the album are incorporated into POM. 
November 2016: Britney covers Paper Magazine’s Break The Internet Issue (the same issue that Kim K did with the champagne bottle, and Amanda Bynes did that went viral.) Britney is on the cover with a lion and she looks like a total bad *****. Towards the end of the month she releases the fourth single, Slumber Party ft. Rihanna. It goes top 10, the video is more or less the one we got except with Ri.

December 2016: Britney ends the official promo of the album with the release of an Invitation music video just for the fans. 

Just i would do It . more music videos, or maybe i would do it a video album in that case would be fun with all the songs like what you need and do you wanna come over,  would be very theatrical.

some showcases or something like  abc special or video concert special like total britney live (Nothing with pom please) 

and of course the lead singles

Change ur mind

Make me Ohh

Love me down

Slumber Party

Liar. 

The problem is all this stuff needs money, and the only way that the record labels monetize in good way is by sponsoring (but sponsoring needs like a tour, or more activity) or  the concerts, and britney was already doing piece of me, so the label (JIVE, RCA)  in that moment preferred invest in any other artist that can go on tour than britney. 

I would’ve made sure that she mentioned when her album was coming out or let people know that she was promoting her new album :tiffsniffle: it’s so hard coming up with singles because literally there are SO MANY choices. In a perfect world I would’ve had her pull a Taylor and release Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over, Slumber Party, Make Me,, Better, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring, Just Luv Me, Liar. This album had a lot of potential and it’s heartbreaking seeing how it was handled. At the end of the day the album is amazing, but there really is a lot that was left desired :crying1:

Singles :

1. Do You Wanna Come Over (Britney only in the chorus)
  2. Slumber Party Remix ft Rihanna (new verses)
  3. Better (Int'l) / Change Your Mind (Latin America)
  4. Just Luv Me (Int'l) 
  5. Love Me Down

Promotional singles (with MV as well) :

1. Make Me (solo & OG concept)
  2. Mood Ring (promo single is US, 4th single in Japan)

Archived