What do you do for a living?

On 5/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, Gayseus911 said:

I'm getting my Bachelor's in Computer Science this june, I'm a network engineer. Shout out to all my STEM majors here on exhale :prettyney:

how do you people study computer science or anything in STEM? :wontcry: 

no seriously i wanna know the secret because i could barely sit through my marketing and accounting / calculus classes :wontcry:

Damn this is by far THE best post! So many different people!  i was a manager at Walgreens once for a few years and had mental issues that disabled my life(when i was 27) and so i took like 2 years off and went to work again and same thing happened so now I'm listening to my mental health team now and under their guidance taking time off and working on myself. Things are super good now though and i'm super eager to start building a different life. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

how do you people study computer science or anything in STEM? :wontcry: 

no seriously i wanna know the secret because i could barely sit through my marketing and accounting / calculus classes :wontcry:

I paid for 1 on 1 tutoring on my free time, took advantage of each and every resource my school offered. It was not easy, I almost dropped out twice because of the work load and stress  :crying2:

On 5/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, standherealone said:

Was a beauty therapist for several years, hated it. Was very very good at my job, but I hated the clients. Oh my god I hated the clients. I cannot state it enough, that job turned me against people in a big way.

Spent years as a stay at home mum. Hated it. Glad I did it, but I've never been so bored in my life.

Moved into marketing. I also hate that, but slightly less because I mostly just sit in front of the computer now making promotional material and telling clients their vision is great. When its not. Its really not.

What an exciting adventure my life has been :P

Just curious why did you hate your clients when you were a beauty therapist? cat makeup GIF

14 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Just curious why did you hate your clients when you were a beauty therapist? cat makeup GIF

Any customer service job is just an awful time in general. In the beauty industry though, its karens as far as the eye can see. There is no escape. They are an infestation.

I did have clients I liked. But the majority were definitely people I'd have rather not have embedded in my memories. From people with bad hygiene [ and there were a lot considering the clients were mostly female housewives ] right through to just general ********* who thought their **** didnt stink.

If I had a sunnier disposition, the job would have been fine, because like I said, I was very good at it, people would ask for me specifically.

But I am not of a sunny disposition and I needed to leave before I ended up telling someone to get ****ed and getting fired.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 5/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, standherealone said:

Was a beauty therapist for several years, hated it. Was very very good at my job, but I hated the clients. Oh my god I hated the clients. I cannot state it enough, that job turned me against people in a big way.

Spent years as a stay at home mum. Hated it. Glad I did it, but I've never been so bored in my life.

Moved into marketing. I also hate that, but slightly less because I mostly just sit in front of the computer now making promotional material and telling clients their vision is great. When its not. Its really not.

What an exciting adventure my life has been :P

Maybe you’d love writing a newspaper column (journalism), you’re very funny and astute.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block