What do you do for a living?

I'm a payroll accountant for TV & Film productions in Vancouver, BC Canada. I only did a year of university but then realized it wasn't the right time as I had no idea where I wanted to go or what I wanted to do. At the time, all I knew was that I wanted to continue my dancing and be on stage. I wasnt going to achieve that I  a classroom.while wasting money.

Since 25 (I am now 30) I have been in the film industry and it is a super great paying career, with lots of flexibility. Though I work 12 hour days 5 to 6 days a week when I'm on a show, I can take as much time off as I want between productions. Sometimes I've worked for 11 months of the year, other times I've taken a few months off. Last year I took 10months off to travel the world.

In 5 years I hope to continue my career in film which comes with amazing benefits, paid for meals, and great pay. Plus the opportunity to travel and meet lots of people. 

• Love 1

I'm a writer. I've published three collections of poetry so far and I'm currently working on my first novel (my main character is a huge Britney fan and is into #FreeBritney by the way, so the Queen will be mentioned in it a lot!) Most of my income comes from freelance writing jobs for magazines, and from performing my work on stage. At the moment I'm fortunate enough to be able to write full-time for a while because I've received a grant for working on my novel, but at other times I've combined writing with other part-time jobs (usually retail) to make ends meet.

wtf so many lawyers, engineers and stem majors here :fakecry:  

DOCTORS too??? :fakecry: suddenly i feel stupid :fakecry:

i graduated with a business degree in 2018. started off doing economics but that shi.t was sooo boring omg a nightmare :gloria: i currently work as an administrative / project manager for a construction company and i'm so eager to quit but i don't know what i would do instead :fakecry: been thinking of getting my MBA or maybe even go to law school but i literally don't know if i could handle the process of school again :fakecry: 

that being said, anyone here gotten their MBA and was it worth it?

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block