New "Overprotected" VEVO Thumbnail (Britney Spears VEVO Thumbnails History Archive)

MSTAR

43 minutes ago, Fenixxx123 said:

why her thumbnails are always the worst?

Lol idk if it’s automatically done or if it’s her team who change them. Indeed, they don’t catch the best frame on her videos which may attract more people to click on the video.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Lol idk if it’s automatically done or if it’s her team who change them. Indeed, they don’t catch the best frame on her videos which may attract more people to click on the video.

I was thinking the same lol but maybe it's done automatically because some of them are not flattering (just like the new Overprotected thumbnail).

54 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I’m happy that they care about them and update them every now and then, but tbh some of these have looked better. Do we know who is updating them? Like is it RCA or her team? Regardless, surprised that in a career sooo mismanaged like Britney’s anybody even cares to update them.

I really don’t know... What’s more logic, is that they are automatically changed by a type of bot/AI when the video start to get less of click-ratio.
So they change the thumbnail to try to attract again people. That trick worked with the 2020 thumbnail change of Baby One More Time and the 2019 thumbnail change of Womanizer for examples. 

And yeah, the old thumbnails of Stronger were better than the current one, idk why they stretched/zoomed like that on the current thumbnail lol

1 hour ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Well that means Overprotected is now in HD on Tidal :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Why? Is there any relation with the VEVO thumbnails and TIDAL? Let me check if they remastered it because I checked TIDAL a few days before releasing my 4K remaster of Overprotected

Update: I didn't noticed a change in my case. The HD remasters of TIDAL are horrible

8 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Why? Is there any relation with the VEVO thumbnails and TIDAL? Let me check if they remastered it because I checked TIDAL a few days before releasing my 4K remaster of Overprotected

Update: I didn't noticed a change in my case. The HD remasters of TIDAL are horrible

Yeah, Sony upload the "HD" version to both platforms and change the thumbnails with the original rate... but yeah, in Tidal is still the 480p video. Yeah, they look horrible but that's why Sony is offering

4 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Yeah, Sony upload the "HD" version to both platforms and change the thumbnails with the original rate... but yeah, in Tidal is still the 480p video. Yeah, they look horrible but that's why Sony is offering

Thanks for the information! It’s a shame, Sony already remastered old videos in HD or in 4K by uploading the remasters on YouTube but those of Britney no, they keep those Composite masters, just this time uncompressed and exported in HD to not have the compression of the VEVO versions on YT... 

21 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Thanks for the information! It’s a shame, Sony already remastered old videos in HD or in 4K by uploading the remasters on YouTube but those of Britney no, they keep those Composite masters, just this time uncompressed and exported in HD to not have the compression of the VEVO versions on YT...

They have a lot of remasters who hasn't been uploaded on YouTube, some are better than Britney's, others are the same... But looks Universal and Sony doesn't want to spend their time getting the remasters from the actual film but from a compressed master copy which they use to send to TV channels back in the day and adding upscale elements to "clear" the image, in this times they need to upload the 4K version instead of Full HD, in like 5-10 years when 8K will be common they will need to reupload them in 4K or 8K so it's a waste of time and money what they're doing, Warner Music it's getting that.

13 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

They have a lot of remasters who hasn't been uploaded on YouTube, some are better than Britney's, others are the same... But looks Universal and Sony doesn't want to spend their time getting the remasters from the actual film but from a compressed master copy which they use to send to TV channels back in the day and adding upscale elements to "clear" the image, in this times they need to upload the 4K version instead of Full HD, in like 5-10 years when 8K will be common they will need to reupload them in 4K or 8K so it's a waste of time and money what they're doing, Warner Music it's getting that.

Yeah that’s what I thought, all the official HD remasters of UMG/YouTube VEVO are so bad, blurry and oversharpened. 

On 11/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, CripplerCrossface said:

Looks like bad upscales, it's a wasting of time for them

Yeah exactly, still better than the 480p VEVO ones :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

The thing that annoys me, is that sometimes I have good results on an upscales, and sometimes really bad ones. All due to sources. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:
I can’t find good ProRes Masters of some videos, if only they just release at least the 480i ProRes Masters for every Britney’s videos, it would be perfect for upscaling. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I could have better results on Overprotected for example, by adding some clarity/sharpening, or having a better source... :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

So I left the video with natural look without too much of details to not make it too artificial, we just have to wait for the 35mm films that’s all we can do. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, it was just the standard cover that most audio clips have, and yesterday I saw it and was like, what? I thought it was a fanmade video but it had the official ♪ sign 

I saw that new cover a few weeks before when everyone talked about the release of the song as a single but didn't paid enough attention to it to be honest lol

I LOVE THIS THREAD :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: I think it's so fascinating for some reason, I really do! haha

You put so much work into this... Congrats and thank you :D

I think this is important because in the era of image, whatever you see has to catch your attention in one second. Choosing a picture that may represent a whole video is not an easy task, and it's important to help make it "iconic" (the video still would be the icon in this case)

Archived