Kelly Clarkson's 'My December' is charting on iTunes!

886443465688_640W_640H.jpg

Kelly Clarkson's third studio album, My December, was released over 13 years ago and has not charted on iTunes in many, many years.

The album was entirely co-penned by Kelly and did not receive promotional support from RCA Records during its release.

It has since gone on to become a fan-favorite record.

Inspired by many recent #JusticeFor... campaigns, Kelly's fans have begun pushing My December up the iTunes charts.
It currently sits at #20 on iTunes Pop and #186 iTunes overall and is continuing to climb.

my-december.jpg.df0e67007c741c17ba63138abe9e4481.jpg

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This is when I couldn’t get into her music anymore. Still have my Breakaway original CD and was a tough act to follow. Congrats to her and her fans though :yay:

I don’t think I know much from this album either.  I need to give it a listen now.  :shocked:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, holditagainstbritney said:

Wait, why didn’t it get promoted? Can someone explain?

Kelly experienced a lot of emotional turmoil after the release of Breakaway, and so My December ended up being a darker album that was not nearly as pop as her previous two records. RCA did not like that at all. They went as far as to offer her $10mil to exchange five songs off the album for more "radio-friendly" tracks, but she refused and insisted on the album being released as she wanted. There was some back and forth drama and long story short, RCA released it how she wanted however they refused to promote the album at all. The original arena tour for the album had to be cancelled and scaled back to a theater tour. They pulled radio support for the lead single just, like, 9(?) weeks after it was released. And they did not release any other singles from it in the US. 

To give you a picture of how much RCA did not support her and this album, Clive Davis even went as far as to bash Kelly/the album at a big worldwide conference for RCA/Sony Music Entertainment. She found out about it via Randy Jackson. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block