Adele's new Instagram photo: 3 million new followers & 10 million+ likes. Why?

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

That she's become the biggest icon of "body positivity" and is the most referenced I see in the comments sections of all the Facebook posts I see about Adele. 

It's wrong for us to praise Adele for getting thinner because we're supporting this stereotype of skinny women being more beautiful, but it's ok to praise Lizzo for being overweight. 

If Britney, Christina or someone else puts on weight however, they get torn apart, even if it's just the natural way their bodies turn with age. 

The thing here is that ok, if people like Lizzo embrace their bodies, good for them, and if people want to praise that, go ahead. But if someone like Adele decides to get slimmer, why can't we appreciate that too? :beynah: Are we supposed to hate on skinny / skinnier women now? 

That's what i'm struggling to understand. Sure, i believe body positivity is something good, Lizzo is an icon for standing up to body positivity. Lizzo is just a little problematic by pretending that she is completely healthy. Like, she quite clearly isn't. 

We don't know what is happening in Adele's private life. She could've been living such an unhealthy lifestyle, and after my own struggling, i know doing a complete transformation like hers is incredibly difficult. She probably worked really hard. It's not that people are praising that she's now the stereotypical "beautiful" skinny. It's that she managed to do something she worked hard for, that she wanted to do. We're praising that she managed to do it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ol123 said:

That's what i'm struggling to understand. Sure, i believe body positivity is something good, Lizzo is an icon for standing up to body positivity. Lizzo is just a little problematic by pretending that she is completely healthy. Like, she quite clearly isn't. 

We don't know what is happening in Adele's private life. She could've been living such an unhealthy lifestyle, and after my own struggling, i know doing a complete transformation like hers is incredibly difficult. She probably worked really hard. It's not that people are praising that she's now the stereotypical "beautiful" skinny. It's that she managed to do something she worked hard for, that she wanted to do. We're praising that she managed to do it. 

Yes. And also,  that she DOES look good, tbh.

I mean, she could look skinny, like when someone's sick and they look haggard or something, but she looks healthy, she looks fine, and there's nothing wrong with recognizing that as well. I mean, no one is saying she looked bad before. Actually, I never heard or read anyone ever saying something about Adele's looks, because she was always very pretty. 

• Love 1

I'm sick of people pretending that being fat is **** :ipass: like, you dont have to be litewrally skinny as a needle, but pls dont say that being visibly obese is visually pleasant :ipass: And I DON"T say that Adele was obese, because from the times I remember her most she looked ok, but let's not pretend that she started to really take care of herself and looks great now. 

I mean, look how probably all of us praise Britney's look in her prime and shaded her for being a little bit bigger furing FF era :sipney:

• Love 1

The answer is obvious! She changed her appearance and people admire her will to lose weight and success. However, you also can get many likes and followers. There is a service by this link where you can buy likes. You know, this method still works and I don't know how to promote an account without it.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, Roxxy said:

Why are people pressed? :umsaywhat:

Stop making this about body positivity because this isn't about that. This is about fitness and choosing a healthy lifestyle. :lessons:

I have read some ridiculous comments regarding her weight loss. It has clearly flared up some people's messy feelings about weight and food and beauty which is no one's fault but their own. If a photo like this can make someone feel miserable and threatened then it serves as a reminder of their own struggles with weight and beauty. Anyone who is pressed over this says a lot about THEM and not about anything that has to do with Adele.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Here's my stance on the subject.

I am not going to personally go up to someone and deliberately make them feel like shyt because of their unhealthy life choices.

However, I'm not going to embrace that type of body image ever, that's like being "oops oh well" because someone is a **** addict.

It is NEVER ok to just be complacent.

This country has become way too comfortable with making excuses and being like, "that's just who I am".

It's BS and there is no excuse for not trying to work hard and improve your life and health PERIODT.

I remember when Missy Elliott lost all that weight a bishes tried to come for her, honestly if you're feeling bad maybe it's time to grow up, stop making excuses, and make those improvements.

I get so frustrated when I see shyt like this, dragging someone down for making better choices for themselves is far worse than fat shaming in my eyes.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block