Adele's new Instagram photo: 3 million new followers & 10 million+ likes. Why?

• Leader

adele.jpg.b6c8e1785924396dea0636f0f0f73d5a.jpg

Adele broke the Internet with her new skinny as a needle photo. 

It sparked some heated conversation. People were celebrating Adele's transformation - a 'you go girl!,' if you will. Others thought that implies if you're overweight you're less desirable / valuable.

I personally feel like it's something to give props towards. It's hard to change your daily life to become healthier (assuming that's what she did). Adele is living her best life - why wouldn't we want to congratulate her?

Plus the volume of likes and new followers shows how thirsty the GP is for her return to music.

What do you guys think?

wow what a bunch of petty followers..... She looks incredible, and you get there only with hard work. And of course, she must have had her own valid reason to make such an effort, so that should definitely be celebrated. Oh and did I say that she looks incredible? Because she does.

This is an achievement she wanted to achieve. And she did it! Regardless of anything, a transformation like hers is incredible. At the end of the day, she's now healthier. Body positivity activists are trying to normalize being unhealthy. That's not good. She woke up, and changed her lifestyle for the better. Good job Adele! 

I saw an article last night, that said something like she was turning into, or like becoming part of this whole machine that tells women to be skinny and I don't know what nonsense, but it was like basically criticizing her for wanting to stop being obese and turning into one of those girls that wanna be skinny, and I couldn't even finish reading it, because the stupidity was beyond tolerable.

As we said in the other thread, it's not like a sudden change that happened overnight. Maybe, she did lose weight more rapidly in the last year or two, but she'd been losing weight over the years since she started her career. So it is something she was pursuing for a long time now, and now that she's achieved it (or so we believe, because we don't know if she'll keep losing weight after this, which would be worrying now, but I don't think she will) it's obvious that the world is gonna recognize it, because that's what a lot of people is struggling with around the world. So if she was an icon before, because of her music, now she's becoming a role model as well for doing what most people wants to.

If people like Lizzo or however she's named love being obese, good for them (not so good though) but that doesn't mean that the rest of the world that doesn't like being overweight and wants to get a slimmer shape, have to accept their fate and embrace their obesity just so these people's delusion doesn't get threatened. Praising one person doesn't automatically make you bash the others that aren't in her situation. 

If you really were happy with how you look like, you don't need the approval of someone else to convince you of that, and the appearance of the other's, or the praise that other get for whatever shape they have, shouldn't affect you either :yaknow:

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ol123 said:

This is an achievement she wanted to achieve. And she did it! Regardless of anything, a transformation like hers is incredible. At the end of the day, she's now healthier. Body positivity activists are trying to normalize being unhealthy. That's not good. She woke up, and changed her lifestyle for the better. Good job Adele! 

Imagine if Britney appeared all of a sudden being obese, even just slightly overweight, people wouldn't be like "YAS you go gurl!" they would tear her apart with no mercy (and it's actually happened already).

3 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

adele.jpg.b6c8e1785924396dea0636f0f0f73d5a.jpg

Adele broke the Internet with her new skinny as a needle photo. 

It sparked some heated conversation. People were celebrating Adele's transformation - a 'you go girl!,' if you will. Others thought that implies if you're overweight you're less desirable / valuable.

I personally feel like it's something to give props towards. It's hard to change your daily life to become healthier (assuming that's what she did). Adele is living her best life - why wouldn't we want to congratulate her?

Plus the volume of likes and new followers shows how thirsty the GP is for her return to music.

What do you guys think?

I  honestly get so tired of all the negative bull**** on the internet. I'm beyond done hearing the argument around body positivity. Nobody owes you positive thoughts about your appearance or body. We each have our own responsibility to find our self worth. You don't look for it in the approval of others. If that's what you're doing, there's a much bigger issue to talk about than body image. 

I certainly don't want to offend those that are sensitive to this, because I'm definitely in the boat of not being happy with my own body. That being said, I don't feel it's my right to shame other people for losing weight or to make petty internet conversation about it. What Adele did takes guts, commitment and persistence. if she's feeling healthy, and loving her look, GET IT LADY. 

Props to her for her success. 

Can we stop with the bs that people are just happy for her being healthy? It’s because she lost weight and looks better period. Takes a tremendous amount of hard work and diligence to do what she did but that is not why the majority of people are eating this new post up.

Same nonsense how people shade overweight people under the guise of wanting to promote health. You see thin celebrities promoted  all the time via social media/ magazines/ tv  Who  drink, smoke, do ***** and eat ****ty food and noones questioning them on their health and wellness and why they are being promoted. It’s only a topic of discussion when someone is fat. Old girl is gonna go from fielding questions on “how to be body positive with the pressures of Hollywood” to “how did this glow up come about?!” She’ll never escape her talent being overshadowed by her looks either good or bad. Sad. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Imagine if Britney appeared all of a sudden being obese, even just slightly overweight, people wouldn't be like "YAS you go gurl!" they would tear her apart with no mercy (and it's actually happened already).

Yes, Britney is currently fit and healthy, so if she traded that for an unhealthy lifestyle, of course people are gonna come for her. Comparing gaining a healthy lifestyle to gaining a unhealthy one doesn't make sense. They're not the same. 

25 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But doesn't Lizzo say she's healthy though?  :tired:

What's lizzo got to do with it? I mean, how many VERY clearly unhealthy people say they're healthy. For some reason Lizzo wants to push the idea that obese people can be healthy. 

2 minutes ago, ol123 said:

What's lizzo got to do with it? 

That she's become the biggest icon of "body positivity" and is the most referenced I see in the comments sections of all the Facebook posts I see about Adele. 

It's wrong for us to praise Adele for getting thinner because we're supporting this stereotype of skinny women being more beautiful, but it's ok to praise Lizzo for being overweight. 

If Britney, Christina or someone else puts on weight however, they get torn apart, even if it's just the natural way their bodies turn with age. 

The thing here is that ok, if people like Lizzo embrace their bodies, good for them, and if people want to praise that, go ahead. But if someone like Adele decides to get slimmer, why can't we appreciate that too? :beynah: Are we supposed to hate on skinny / skinnier women now? 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block