TV REVIEW: Ryan Murphy's "Hollywood" And The Unfair #MeToo Double Standard

AOLUV

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader

The character of Jack doesn't go into prostitution willingly, he's lured into it. Furthermore, Avis' treatment of Jack is strikingly similar to casting couch stories of the time. Unfortunately, it has continued to this day. Many women have been rightly calling out their abusive treatment from figures like Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein.

Interesting. I mean it looks like the show is creating some contrast, right? 

• Super Mods

I find the show okay, I feel the topics are forced on and comes off awkward to me, I think it could have been more subtle as it ends up being a huge cry fest of not only the characters own personal problems but then covering these issues allow too much dialogue like they are explaining it to the audience. 

Also I don’t think Darren Criss Is that good in here though I only only liked him in that Versace show but that’s it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, puppylo16 said:

I find the show okay, I feel the topics are forced on and comes off awkward to me, I think it could have been more subtle as it ends up being a huge cry fest of not only the characters own personal problems but then covering these issues allow too much dialogue like they are explaining it to the audience. 

Also I don’t think Darren Criss Is that good in here though I only only liked him in that Versace show but that’s it.

Omg that show was everything. I googled EVERYTHING about that case and was so into it for a good week or so :clicktina:

I haven’t seen the show yet, but I saw it on Netflix’s recommendations. I also didn’t know that Ryan Murphy was behind this that Darren Criss starred in it. My sister just told me that she binged it so I may have to start watching it. I’ve been so caught up with catching up with Vikings Season 6 :clicktina:

Archived