Paula Abdul's last top 40 hit. Is also Ofra Haza's Biggest hit in the US.

In 1995 after a 4 year hiatus. Paula returned to the music scene with a more sophisticated grown up **** sound on her last album. Which is oddly everybody's favorite Paula Abdul. If ur a diehard. Head over Heels saw Paula working with New Blood again. Color Me Badd on the underrated Ain't never gonna give you up. To latin **** salsa on love don't come easy. To House music get your groove on, A house runway Anthem that has some of the sassiest lyrics to her catalog.  The appropriately Titled **** Thoughts.

"Here comes the spotlight,  I gotta get mine, so move that body. You ain't got it. 

It's all about strength and poise. So bring the noise (that was a very 90s dance music lingo) 

But Paula delivered the comeback 

"You don't have to let nobody know, how you're gonna steal the show"

To rap (much better than Madonna) it took me 18 times reading the lyrics to Ho down what she was saying. But I can never forget how shady the bird references are. She also was divorced from The sexiest of the sheen brothers Emilio Estevez. 

To ballads like Missing you. 

But it's the first single that saw the growth in her artistry.

Inspired by @DonoDotto post on isaac. Ofra thx to this track. Actually had a hot 100 appearance and a #1 dance club hit. She's not in the video. But you can hear her voice. It compliments the middle eastern instrumentation and production. Paula Abdul herself is Middle eastern as she is of Lebanese heritage thx to her father. 

It was also why as critics pointed out made her stand out as she was beautiful but had that exotic edge that nobody at that time saw in entertainment. 

The track peaked at #28 on the Hot 100. 

It is sadly Paula's last huge hit to date. If you ask me. This had #1 all over it. But it was ahead of it's time. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived