It dawned on me. The Spice Girls are really the only girl group that wasn't American made to actually breakthrough the notorious American music market..

While many US music gays love British girl groups like Girls aloud. 

It dawned on me. The one time TLC was actually M.I.A. from the US music industry. That was the only time a British girl group broke through the very difficult US Music industry.  Normally if its not Made in the USA musically it's rejected by the public in whole. Except for Heavy Metal music fans. 

Kylie minogue tried in the 80s. But at that time we had Madonna. Tried again in 2002. But we had both Madonna and Britney spears. 

Girls aloud tried twice. But we had Destiny's child and The *****cat dolls..

Now other record labels tried to breakthrough british acts after The Spice girls.  The more grown up All saints trued and failed. Despite Never ever actually beikg their only US hit. 

Jive records tried and tried marketing the super gay and canpy Steps. Even with them opening for Britney spears on her debut tour. But sadly. That wasn't going to happen as the group was more heavily of europop type pop music. Simon Fuller himself tried with S Club 7. That failed as well. 

The Spice Girls just breaking it in The US waa was pure luck as we didn't have a girl group at that time. Destiny's child was a hit or miss. It wasn't until Say my name did they become the preferred girl group. 

So FYI. We pretty much even right down to our pop music. Preferred Made in the USA. With Canada as the only exception. Outside that. It's really hard to make it into our country. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived