Let’s compare 1999 Britney to 1999 Christina

PZHSB

This is the same award show. I remember watching it live and being so proud to be a Britney Stan. 
Britney was like the unofficial host announcing the first ever TCA:

She then slayed with a melody of Sometimes(live vocalney) and crazy. The audience was in literal aw:

and then Christina followed 1 performance later with this embarrassing mess of a performance:

and then queen B stole her thunder again by winning and being adorably nervous:

I feel so bad for all of y’all who didn’t live through her rise to fame. It makes it ok being 32 years old. Britney had the full package. She was so confident on stage and yet so shy off. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back, it’s clear why Christina was always so salty about Britney. Britney was the IT girl that her label was trying to push her to be like, and she couldn’t hold a candle even though she was vocally more talented. 

10 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I feel so bad for all of y’all who didn’t live through her rise to fame. It makes it ok being 32 years old. Britney had the full package. She was so confident on stage and yet so shy off. 

Chile, i'm 1988 too but this isn't the vibe. :imacat:

And this thread smells of Xtina hate and I am not here for this. :chrissy:

We stan legends in this forum and that includes Legend X. :didilie:

No Xtina shade but I feel like Christina wasn’t a great “pop star” if that makes sense. Like an amazing singer but she didn’t have the whole package like Britney. Britney’s music and image also just stood the test of  time and I’m sorry... Christina’s didn’t. Not Christina hate at all but I hardly listen to her music anymore. Dirrty and Genie is about it (and I stanned Christina HARDCORE from 2005-2007) . Britney defined the word “pop star” and that’s why Britney Spears is still a conversation in pop music 22 years later. 

However watching those clips make me incredibly sad. It’s like a time capsule. I bet 21 years ago she would not imagine where her life Is now. Under a conservatorship with two money hungry leaches (Lou and her own father ) sucking all her funds for their own crap. It’s just sad. 

they tried to copy success they had with Britney. Anyway i don't like the whole idea comparing two woman. It's just they r really different. And we know Xtina only became herself during Stripped. So i think genie in a bottle Xtina is just defferent singer comparing to her futher career.

11 minutes ago, Work*****Stan94 said:

However watching those clips make me incredibly sad. It’s like a time capsule. I bet 21 years ago she would not imagine where her life Is now. Under a conservatorship with two money hungry leaches (Lou and her own father ) sucking all her funds for their own crap. It’s just sad. 

It’s really sad. She deserves her happy ending! It’s horrible how her life turned out.

what a horrible performance for someone so talented like xtina :gloriascary:

tbh xtina was very unlikeable and she was so skinny and weird, i didn't like her at all back in the day, but that changed as soon as I heard and watched the dirty video, i remember getting the stripped album on the mail, and it was raining, and i played it so loud and danced in the rain in the garden, it was fun lol, and her 2002 mtv diary helped me like her more too

i like both now :thelook:

the grammys was fair, xtina's debut album deserved it.
xtina had: genie, what a girl wants, i turn to you, come on over, reflection
britney: baby, crazy, sometimes, born to make you make u happy, from the bottom of my <3

2 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Looking back, it’s clear why Christina was always so salty about Britney. Britney was the IT girl that her label was trying to push her to be like, and she couldn’t hold a candle even though she was vocally more talented. 

and that label was RCA, always a mess.

I've never seen that Genie performance, it's really bad. But Christina was never a great performer or dancer. Remember her 00 VMAs performance where she did the backwards summersault? Lol it was so sad. But those were the days that her label was pushing her to be like Britney. I don't like Christina but she found her own path just being a vocalist more like Whitney or someone.

I feel so bad for all of y’all who didn’t live through her rise to fame.

So I've been lurking on this forum for like a month now :fran: and reading through all this does make me wish I could experience her prime. But I also was too young to know what was going on in 2007 and I'm kinda glad. The talk about mental health has really improved and I don't know if I could tolerate how much people were ****ting on her back then :crying1: 2020ney gets people talking too, but at least a lot more of them care now 

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Chile, i'm 1988 too but this isn't the vibe. :imacat:

And this thread smells of Xtina hate and I am not here for this. :chrissy:

We stan legends in this forum and that includes Legend X. :didilie:

Not u giving @DignifiedLove aka xtinct PROMOTION 

don’t hype her up too much or else she will re release lotus :fruit:

Ok, I’ve never gone back and watched that Xtina performance. Oof, it was rough. Even though she’s so super skinny she’s like out of shape. The dancing is just awkward. Her dancing definitely improved. Britney’s performance is like perfect. But I honestly think Britney just had more experience. From what I can remember of Xtina story, she basically did like singing competitions and the Mickey Mouse club. And from the clips I’ve seen of her on MMC she didn’t do much dancing... or acting for that matter. I mean Britney was a gymnast/dancer from a really young age, did singing competitions, MMC, and was on broadway (or off broadway I don’t remember) before she got a record deal. She was definitely more polished in the beginning. Britney was really the queen of 1999, I don’t think you can deny that. Xtina did better on the Hot 100, but that’s about it. Britney sold more albums, and while she may not have won the Grammy I think she may have won more awards overall.

I’ll never not be mad about Xtina getting the Grammy over Britney, from the time she won until Beautiful came out, I HATED her lol. But then Stripped made me love her again. I still think Britney should have won best new artist, I mean yes, Xtina had to he better vocals, and she totally could have won one for best female pop vocal or something, but Britney was clearly the best new artist, I mean RCA tried to make Xtina be exactly like Britney!!! Oh well, obviously Britney’s been more successful in the long run. 

I also was thinking about this and wanted to see what others thought. Does anyone remember, when you bought Christina’s first album, the version of what a girl wants and come on over were different than the version in the video/on the radio. Even I ended up buying the cd single for come on over because I liked the video version better. Does anyone think this helped those songs get to number 1 on billboard?  Cause if you had already bought her cd, you couldn’t listen to that version unless you heard it on the radio or bought the single. Just a thought. I mean Britney’s team kinda did that with crazy, but that was on the soundtrack for a movie, drive me crazy. I actually bought the sountrack because I couldn’t find the crazy stop remix single. Also, doesn’t it say something that they changed the name of that movie to be named after Britney’s song. That just shows that she was the queen. 

Why are y’all so mean to Christina Aguilera?:sipnstare:the only similar thing they both HAD  in common was blonde hair, otherwise they were nothing similar:mhm: Xtina wasn’t, now and has never been salty about Brity, it’s you guys that are salty about it:lessons:They both have had legendary careers with their own sense of what people recognize them for, Britney is known for BOMT song and album, being the biggest artist of the 2000s and her legendary performances. Whereas Xtina is known for her beautiful voice, being known as the voice of the generation, and stripped era:nyschool: so they both have had their own paths and are very busy. Even tho they aren’t as close as they were in MMC, doesn’t mean they have ever had a feud or cut each other:cackling: y’all gotta stop with this immature crap:peasants:I’

You are using the worst performance of that song she ever did lol... christina was singing live so of course she wasnt going full out. Also she was forced to perform in a way that she doesnt like. She wanted to go out and sing power ballads and had to copy britney... of course britney a trained dancer was better at that. 

This one isnt live and her movements are just fine.

This one is live with a backing track and it's also much better

If we look at britney's performances where she is singing 100% live during that time, dancing isnt a big priority for her either. Despite her actually loving dancing.

I also think part of the reason why her dancing was so bad at the beginning is that she was soooo skinny. It just looked "noodley" I dont think she could have pulled anything but ballet off looking like that. Its the pre Reputation Taylor Swift probem..

02701931a0025364dab581bf12b2fedc795e1f772410569903989481851e4fbcb69e991c6f70ca5d22899492a7cf99347f5e723e4f046e232e598439

I mean if you just look at the dancing itself, its fine but she still looks weird because of those noodle limbs

Her movements just looked better after she gained some weight

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I also think part of the reason why her dancing was so bad at the beginning is that she was soooo skinny. It just looked "noodley"

And cause she's bow legged so the Genie choreography with all the leg opening moves looked weird. But had her legs been straight, it would show she was really nailing the choreo. :fakecry:

Archived