Madonna says she tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies

• Leader

The Queen of Pop revealed a test confirmed she tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies. She didn't previously mention having experienced any of the symptoms, which means at some point she had the virus and was a-symptomatic. 

"Took a test the other day. And I found out that I have the antibodies," she said. "So tomorrow, I’m just going to go for a long drive in a car, and I’m going to roll down the window, and I’m going to breathe in, I’m going to breathe in the COVID-19 air. Yup. I hope the sun is shining."

Per a report from Today, "an antibody test is used to determine if you've had a past coronavirus infection, but there have been issues with the reliability of test results. Data from researchers at a pair of California universities showed that one in three antibody tests produced false positives more than 10% of the time."

It's currently unclear if people who have COVID-19 antibodies can become reinfected with the virus or not. There's no evidence to prove one way or the other. 

You may recall previous to this, Madonna called COVID-19 "the great equalizer."

"What's terrible about it is what's great about it," she said in the video, which has since been removed. "What's terrible about it is that it's has made us all equal in many ways and what's wonderful about it is that it's made us all equal in many ways ... Like I used to say at the end of 'Human Nature' every night, we are all in the same boat. And if the ship goes down, we're all going down together."

madonna-antibodies.jpg

11 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I love her but sometimes I wish she would stop talking. She is doing exactly what physicians are afraid of: taking the test and roaming the globe without taking precautions. Hopefully this doesn’t come back and bite her. 

All she said was she’s going for a drive. That’s very precautious. She didn’t say she’s gonna roam the globe and cough on everybody. :chrissy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

All she said was she’s going for a drive. That’s very precautious. She didn’t say she’s gonna roam the globe and cough on everybody. :chrissy:

She said shes going to “roll her windows down and breathe in the covid-19 air” shes been so sensitive and scared up in her attic journaling but now that she has antibodies shes “free”. Get real :tina:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

She said shes going to “roll her windows down and breathe in the covid-19 air” shes been so sensitive and scared up in her attic journaling but now that she has antibodies shes “free”. Get real :tina:

What are you trying to prove? :huh:

Just now, ovoxo said:

I’m not? You just make no sense lol

The article is about someone passing an antibody test aka Madonna. It has already been talked about that even though you pass an antibody test that you should still practice social distancing and shelter in place. 

I get that Madonna is riding in a car but reading “I’m gonna roll down the windows and breathe the covid-19 air” is not reinforcing what a lot medical physicians are saying. Having antibodies does not mean you won’t be reinfected. If shes going to preach from her platform she should practice what she says in her vlogs.

the end k.michelle GIF by VH1  

• Love 1
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The article is about someone passing an antibody test aka Madonna. It has already been talked about that even though you pass an antibody test that you should still practice social distancing and shelter in place. 

I get that Madonna is riding in a car but reading “I’m gonna roll down the windows and breathe the covid-19 air” is not reinforcing what a lot medical physicians are saying. Having antibodies does not mean you won’t be reinfected. If shes going to preach from her platform she should practice what she says in her vlogs.

That's literally what having anti-bodies means. It means you develop an immunity.

I understand you don't want to argue anymore. But your spreading misinformation which right now is just as dangerous as the virus itself... Medical professional ARE SAYING to go outside for a drive or a walk if you can. IF you are alone you can do it no problem.

Madonna is annoying af yes, but what she said is not an issue under any circumstances.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

She’s a weird chick, she’s said a lot of out of pocket things. So the same person that was bathing in milk talking like a poet a few weeks ago, you’re gonna take her words so literal? Still doesn’t defeat the purpose that all she’s doing is going for a car ride lol. A new culture of social shame is starting to develop, people are allowed to go out side using precautions, she’s in a CAR.  Fresh air is healthy and vital. Maybe you need some. :imacat:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

That's literally what having anti-bodies means. It means you develop an immunity.

I understand you don't want to argue anymore. But your spreading misinformation which right now is just as dangerous as the virus itself

What misinformation is he spreading? If you have the antibodies NOW doesn’t mean they are gonna protect you forever. We don’t know every aspect of this virus just yet and we don’t know how much time these antibodies will last to maintain immunity. After getting in touch with the virus, you develop immunity but you don’t know for HOW LONG. For example, the flu vaccine gives only short-time immunity, that’s why it’s recommended to take a flu shot every fall. For other diseases, those antibodies created after the injection of vaccine(that contains harmless portions of the virus/bacteria) can last forever.

So, just because Madonna now has the antibodies and she’s going out headless and thinks she’s invincible is pure reckless.

also, there has been reports that some patients that previously recovered from covid are once again infected.

Nobody says to be in a complete lockdown, but prevention and being mindful would absolutely help to flatten the curve.

• Like 2

Madonna likes to cause controversy... but this is not it. It's cool that you've developed antibodies, but you're not supposed to "breathe in the COVID-19 air", even if it's not literal, that's not the way to talk about a worldwide sensitive topic.

I will always love her, but sometimes she's just... smh.

wait how is she being reckless? i'm a bit lost...all she said was she's going to take a drive. as in she's been couped up in her house avoiding it and now knows she's already had it so she's gonna take a drive and relax. she does seem unaware of the discussion that people are getting reinfected, but like general wisdom is that a strain of a virus won't be able to infect you multiple times as you gain immunity due to your body recognizing the virus in the future. literally a whole solid 75% of the country would tell you that if you get a virus, you're then immune in the future, because that's general wisdom despite not actually being entirely true. 

this article (https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html) talks about the virus & cites a biologist who more or less says people are almost definitely not being reinfected but are getting incorrect test results due to the method of testing for coronavirus not being able to differentiate live viral cells & remnants of dead ones (viruses aren't alive so live and dead isn't correct but it gets the point across) as reinfection would require considerable changes in genetic code of the virus so as to bypass immune response. i have an incredibly basic knowledge of how viruses work but if antibodies remain and the virus is the same, it wouldn't make any sense as to how a reinfection could happen. the article mentions that some viruses like HIV infiltrate the nucleus of the cell and they can be latent only to re-emerge later on, but that the coronavirus is not one of those viruses and cannot do that.

as for the rest, madonna is a weirdo and wbk for like 30 whole *** years now..that's why she's so successful and good at music lmfao. i can decode what she means though, but she's weird af and can be kind of oblivious.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block