Real Talk: The last real Britney Spears era was Circus.

I feel like the Circus album, her choreography + her tour were still VERY Britney. 

She had lower energy but considering what has happened to her she was still very much on her standards. Iconic music videos (Circus, Womanizer), they had a classic Britney vocal + choreography. She looked stunning. 

VMA 2008 she looked better than ever. She seemed sane and very much her old self. 

On Circus Tour you could tell she was a little drained but still SHE was there. It was still the pop star Britney Spears.

But everything changed after that. Idk if it was because of her "2010 breakdown" no one knows about but when she came back with Femme Fatale it was like a different person. She seemed not into it at all. Her dancing was off. Her vocals on the album were robotic af. Her dancing on the FF Tour was.... idk. Her performances with TTWE, HIAM, Big Fat Bass were not the best. 

Britney Jean era she looked more healthy at least but the album was everything else from being personal & she didn't even put her own vocals on the album. 

Glory was overall fine but still.... not feeling the same Britney energy anymore. 

I feel like we're not getting a new album anymore. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we been knew. :mhm:

I think we're all pretty much in agreement that Primeney was last seen in the Circus era. It may be extended until the Singles era. But after that, we were introduced to conservative momney - a woman with anxiety, a woman who is unsure of herself and her dancing, and having very low self-esteem that she keeps making trips to the beauty doctor. Sometimes she remembers she's Primeney, but mostly it's just conservative momney and she doesn't remember being Miss American Dream since she was 17. :crying1:

Britney is definitely not what I’d call conservative though, she’s even on the blacklist of most conservatives :pieceofwhat: S&M, WB, MM, POM performances almost naked, not married, soft-**** MV... If that is conservative what could even be a liberal woman? 

I disagree a bit the OP. 

Circus : Britney-style and great management 

FF : great management (somehow 5 singles, 4 MV) but Britney being not there at all.

BJ : **** management and lazyney recovering from FF

Glory : Britney-style more than 2009 for sure (magazines, BBMA) but ****ty management (very, very ****ty one).

Conclusion: she needs to change most people surrounding her.

Definitely saw Primney glimpses during the circus era! (mannequin rehearsal, womanizer xfactor breakdown and some circus tour bits)

After 2010 it all changed. Thankfully we did see a happier and healthy Britney every now and then. But now in 2020 she looks so nervous all the time again.

This post is honestly super true:meryl: we didn’t get a lot of dancing this era:tina:...but Britney seemed more happy Andy passionate in this record. If you hear songs like womanizer and lace and leather I could honestly feel her passion in it. However things changed in 2010, because she allegedly had a mini-breakdown that year, her conversatship became lifetime, she had a huge fight with her fiancé at that time

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

This post is honestly super true:meryl: we didn’t get a lot of dancing this era:tina:...but Britney seemed more happy Andy passionate in this record. If you hear songs like womanizer and lace and leather I could honestly feel her passion in it. However things changed in 2010, because she allegedly had a mini-breakdown that year, her conversatship became lifetime, she had a huge fight with her fiancé at that time

well I prefer less dancing but with britney having swag, high energy, attitude, charisma and still rhythm in her dance moves -circus tour- than more dancing but with a stiff britney with no energy,no charisma and tics on stage -piece of me 2017-2018-... 

these circus tour performances are still ''real britney'' type of performances

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I think we're all pretty much in agreement that Primeney was last seen in the Circus era. It may be extended until the Singles era. But after that, we were introduced to conservative momney - a woman with anxiety, a woman who is unsure of herself and her dancing, and having very low self-esteem that she keeps making trips to the beauty doctor. Sometimes she remembers she's Primeney, but mostly it's just conservative momney and she doesn't remember being Miss American Dream since she was 17. :crying1:

I live for conservative momney :imacat: People grow and mature, and when we get glimpses she’s such a lovable dork, especially with her kids. What I don’t live for is whatever’s going on that’s taken away that lovable dorkiness. 

2 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

I live for conservative momney People grow and mature, 

Are you implying that being 'conservative' means being 'grown' and 'mature'? :imacat:

It's odd that you say that when you prefer the original Make Me video - which the others call 'vulgar' and 'too smexual' and what people like to call as inappropriate considering she is a momney now. :chrissy:

I think Britney was most in her “prime” post-breakdown during Glory, but I agree that Circus is the last true Britney era we got. If Glory hadn’t been cut short, if the MM video didn’t get screwed up, if she wasn’t in Vegas, I think it could’ve been her best era since before her breakdown. FF was still a Britney era in terms of the promotion and machine behind it, but Britney wasn’t in it herself which ruined it a lot of times.

the most tragic thing about it is that everybody sees that during femme fatale or pom  she was highly under smth. everybody sees that her caretakers does/did pure job making her working while being in that condition.honestly if she was so bad at those times having breakdown why in the h e l l she came back with the album and they make her do tours. arent conservator is there to do that is BEST for her HEALTH . if she has breakdown is she supposed to be drugged to make interviews. what the h e l l is wrong with that ppl. nobody cares. even her family. lawyers don't see anything bad, judge doesn't see anything bad. Still Britney is just so unhealthy even cship and her millions can't help. I am sad. This is bad.:crying2:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Are you implying that being 'conservative' means being 'grown' and 'mature'? :imacat:

It's odd that you say that when you prefer the original Make Me video - which the others call 'vulgar' and 'too smexual' and what people like to call as inappropriate considering she is a momney now. :chrissy:

Britney the mom and Britney the brand are two different entities :chrissy:  I love seeing her wearing a pokemom shirt and talking about recipes. From a brand standpoint, yes the original MM video is publicity gold and it’s iconic. This is nothing to do with her personality, it’s acting bb. Look it up :chrissy:

5 hours ago, britneyqueenn said:

well I prefer less dancing but with britney having swag, high energy, attitude, charisma and still rhythm in her dance moves -circus tour- than more dancing but with a stiff britney with no energy,no charisma and tics on stage -piece of me 2017-2018-... 

Exactly! What she couldn’t give us that much in that era for dancing, she replaced with fire, swag and passion. I don’t understand the hate for circus tour, because even danceney wasn’t back, you could feel her and she was more fluid in her performances. Plus, the visuals for the tour were fantastic,ugh:wontcry:

I think like she was promised to be free after the tour,and she was curious to be involved on stage, she was preparing a comeback, When she was dating Adnan (this guy needs to be  in jail also) he said britney was incredible, when she was on starbucks she used the napkin to compose songs and imagine the choreo. 

Then she discover it was not right and happened, the femme fatale was a iconic idea, the Cold girl to behind a depressed one, it just iconic, i was thinking about the setlist of this show its so weird. now i understanding.

But britney jean was like the forced one album, its like the bsides album

And Glory's like were not gonna support you. go yourself. having good songs but no marketing at all

10 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I feel like the Circus album, her choreography + her tour were still VERY Britney. 

She had lower energy but considering what has happened to her she was still very much on her standards. Iconic music videos (Circus, Womanizer), they had a classic Britney vocal + choreography. She looked stunning. 

VMA 2008 she looked better than ever. She seemed sane and very much her old self. 

On Circus Tour you could tell she was a little drained but still SHE was there. It was still the pop star Britney Spears.

But everything changed after that. Idk if it was because of her "2010 breakdown" no one knows about but when she came back with Femme Fatale it was like a different person. She seemed not into it at all. Her dancing was off. Her vocals on the album were robotic af. Her dancing on the FF Tour was.... idk. Her performances with TTWE, HIAM, Big Fat Bass were not the best. 

Britney Jean era she looked more healthy at least but the album was everything else from being personal & she didn't even put her own vocals on the album. 

Glory was overall fine but still.... not feeling the same Britney energy anymore. 

I feel like we're not getting a new album anymore. 

10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I think Britney was most in her “prime” post-breakdown during Glory, but I agree that Circus is the last true Britney era we got. If Glory hadn’t been cut short, if the MM video didn’t get screwed up, if she wasn’t in Vegas, I think it could’ve been her best era since before her breakdown. FF was still a Britney era in terms of the promotion and machine behind it, but Britney wasn’t in it herself which ruined it a lot of times.

4 hours ago, zenden said:

the most tragic thing about it is that everybody sees that during femme fatale or pom  she was highly under smth. everybody sees that her caretakers does/did pure job making her working while being in that condition.honestly if she was so bad at those times having breakdown why in the h e l l she came back with the album and they make her do tours. arent conservator is there to do that is BEST for her HEALTH . if she has breakdown is she supposed to be drugged to make interviews. what the h e l l is wrong with that ppl. nobody cares. even her family. lawyers don't see anything bad, judge doesn't see anything bad. Still Britney is just so unhealthy even cship and her millions can't help. I am sad. This is bad.:crying2:

The last Britney era was In The Zone.

If she wasn't going to start her own label then she should have resigned a contract giving her substantial control over her image/sound/music.  PERIOD.

She already made so much money for the pathetic Jive records.  Coming back to Jive with the same control she had in 1999 was disgraceful guidance.  It's hard to note how much of a factor Larry Rudolph was in this since they parted ways in November 2004.

The problem is that when Jordan, for instance, talks about Circus being a great comeback the Femme Fatale era still happened after.  Opinions are subjective, but how can you argue she was that good there? And she was obviously medicated most of the time.

As I said, because of the path after In The Zone, doing Vegas was the greatest move of her career since she should have made enough money to retire and invest well for the rest of her life. (But I wouldn't be surprised if she still wanted to do Vegas; release music in the future)

Larry is both a good and bad manager.  He has to acknowledge this.  He's good for helping her get great monetary deals but horrible for her mental health.

Archived