PCD's “React” did not deserve to flop

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

I like Shakira but lbr she corners a totally different market.

Like I don't see the gays blasting Waka Waka at the club :chrissy:

Idk u may not have seen it but there are ALOT and I mean a lot of Latino lgbt+ And lgbt+ in general People that look up to her, and I means she’s a big ally, and what’s not to like ya know,

like she is really all that and more 

writes her own music, speaks 7 languages,  dances her *** off, Sings uniquely, has Godly music, and plays many instruments 

I mean there is a reason 25+ years into her career she’s still selling out stadiums world wide 

15 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Idk u may not have seen it but there are ALOT and I mean a lot of Latino lgbt+ And lgbt+ in general People that look up to her, and I means she’s a big ally, and what’s not to like ya know,

like she is really all that and more 

writes her own music, speaks 7 languages,  dances her *** off, Sings uniquely, has Godly music, and plays many instruments 

I mean there is a reason 25+ years into her career she’s still selling out stadiums world wide 

And no one but her fan base will know or care about half of that information you are saying.

Good for her, you and them.

"Waka Waka" and half of Shakira's catalogue is tame compared to PCD or Britney's visuals and lyrics.

Yes Shakira has been suggestive many times but you gonna really act like "Waka Waka" fills the dance floors sis?

:umok:

• Love 1
Just now, glorytotheworld said:

And no one but her fan base will know or care about half of that information you are saying.

"Waka Waka" and half of Shakira's catalogue is tame compared to PCD or Britney's visuals and lyrics.

Yes Shakira has been suggestive many times but she is far more tame than PCD and at least in terms of public perception that isn't all she is about and when I say about I mean the ****/relationship anthems with **** choreography (Shakira does more than that) but lbr you gonna really act like "Waka Waka" fills the dance floors sis?

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

Yes Shakira has been suggestive many times but you gonna really act like "Waka Waka" fills the dance floors sis?

clearly people care since back in 2016 britney and shakira released mvs at the same time and shakiras got 2.5 billion views and brinnys didnt even reach 70m 

also she did waka waka as a basic song that wasnt supposed to blow up as much as it did

theres a reason shes selling out stadiums and brinny isnt

also this performance alone is better than anything pcd has done 

@Roxxy can u believe this guy :tifflmao: 

15 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

clearly people care since back in 2016 britney and shakira released mvs at the same time and shakiras got 2.5 billion views and brinnys didnt even reach 70m 

also she did waka waka as a basic song that wasnt supposed to blow up as much as it did

theres a reason shes selling out stadiums and brinny isnt

also this performance alone is better than anything pcd has done 

@Roxxy can u believe this guy :tifflmao: 

Um Justin Bieber's "Baby" song has 2.2B views. What's your point?

So I guess a billion views equates to quality or iconic now.

I could name a couple of songs that are in the billion song club that are neither timeless or iconic.

:gagasmile:

Again, no shade but you seriously why are you so stuck on "Waka Waka"?

Does it pay your bills?

Are you a credited songwriter?

:yaknow:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
8 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

Um Justin Bieber's "Baby" song has 2.2B views. What's your point?

So I guess a billion views equates to quality or iconic now.

I could name a couple of songs that are in the billion song club that are neither timeless or iconic.

:gagasmile:

Does it pay your bills?

Are you a credited songwriter?

:yaknow:

The sad part of all of this is that I don’t even like waka waka :orangu: I like her early on Spanish music 

give it a listen one day

its really good

then u can tell me if pcd or Shakira is better 

I mean there’s really no question to it but to each their own 

13 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

I'll never understand why anyone likes that song, it's so weird and lost on me.

Not hear for the beat at all and it sounds like a children's song.

After the superbowl performance it just reaffirmed my feelings that she's overrated AF.

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I'll never understand why anyone likes that song, it's so weird and lost on me.

Not hear for the beat at all and it sounds like a children's song.

After the superbowl performance it just reaffirmed my feelings that she's overrated AF.

literally the one song that gave alot of recognition and praise to african culture and languages that has never happened before lol

it contains african beats plus singers and languages 

also girl that superbowl performance was extremley good

ive always noticed that britney fans come for her but i think everyone knows why

3 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

literally the one song that gave alot of recognition and praise to african culture and languages that has never happened before lol

it contains african beats plus singers and languages 

also girl that superbowl performance was extremley good

ive always noticed that britney fans come for her but i think everyone knows why

I get the point the song was trying to make, it just felt very cash grab.

As for the Superbowl, she lip synced just about her entire performance after everyone was whining how she shouldn't have to perform with JLo. Claiming she's so much better and more talented, but all she did was show me why I don't check for her.

I'm not saying she isn't talented, I'm just saying it's like Beyonce where it all just gets blown way outta proportion and overhyped.

Her music catalog just ain't it for me, but I do love Wherever, Whenever, Tango, and She Wolf. Plus her song with Pitbull did NOT deserve to flop. Other than that though I just don't get the appeal.

People always bring up how many languages she can speak like it bears some relevance in the quality of music too.

Also don't see why you're bringing up Britney at all, I never mentioned her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

The sad part of all of this is that I don’t even like waka waka :orangu: I like her early on Spanish music 

give it a listen one day

its really good

then u can tell me if pcd or Shakira is better 

I mean there’s really no question to it but to each their own 

All I said was she covered a different market...

I didn't mean to offend the Waka Waka fan club

sis chill

:kfed:

• Content Curators
29 minutes ago, glorytotheworld said:

All I said was she covered a different market...

I didn't mean to offend the Waka Waka fan club

sis chill

:kfed:

That’s like an outsider calling the Britney army the Baby one more time fan club 

as if brit has more fans than her But Chile anyways

9 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

That’s like an outsider calling the Britney army the Baby one more time fan club 

as if brit has more fans than her But Chile anyways

but within the context of what I was saying in this thread you are still missing the point.

you, yourself said you don't really care for the song that much. Every pop star has a couple of questionable songs.

and sorry not sorry but I think most Britney fans have a sense of humour about their fave unlike some fan bases...

:raven:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, glorytotheworld said:

but within the context of what I was saying in this thread you are still missing the point.

you, yourself said you don't really care for the song that much. Every pop star has a couple of questionable songs.

and sorry not sorry but I think most Britney fans have a sense of humour about their fave unlike some fan bases...

:raven:

I do have a sense of humor as both a Shakira and Britney fan 

I’m probs on the more humorous side 

like I joke about brits eyeliner and messy hair and her terrible piece of me tour and bj and for Shakira Ik me and some of her fan base jokes about a lot of questionable songs she’s made and how she always dresses like she’s on a budget and stuff 

but any fan would get defensive when for example brit is called very overrated or like her vmas 2001 performance sucked blah blah 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I get the point the song was trying to make, it just felt very cash grab.

As for the Superbowl, she lip synced just about her entire performance after everyone was whining how she shouldn't have to perform with JLo. Claiming she's so much better and more talented, but all she did was show me why I don't check for her.

I'm not saying she isn't talented, I'm just saying it's like Beyonce where it all just gets blown way outta proportion and overhyped.

Her music catalog just ain't it for me, but I do love Wherever, Whenever, Tango, and She Wolf. Plus her song with Pitbull did NOT deserve to flop. Other than that though I just don't get the appeal.

People always bring up how many languages she can speak like it bears some relevance in the quality of music too.

Also don't see why you're bringing up Britney at all, I never mentioned her.

U didn’t like the performance bc she lip synced 3/4 of it? While dancing her *** off? Are u a Britney Spears fan? Loll and btw most people were saying how she did better and her music topped the charts after the performance way more than jlos 

idk why people hype jlo up

she literally stole most of her early vocals from Ashanti 

53 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

U didn’t like the performance bc she lip synced 3/4 of it? While dancing her *** off? Are u a Britney Spears fan? Loll and btw most people were saying how she did better and her music topped the charts after the performance way more than jlos 

idk why people hype jlo up

she literally stole most of her early vocals from Ashanti 

You're putting words in my mouth, I never said "I" didn't like the performance. All that I said is that her performance reminded me why she's overrated.

As for JLo, so what if she left Ashanti and Christina Milian's vocals on her second album. It's no different than people giving Beyonce a pass for everything she flat out steals. At least both the girls are actually credited.

JLo is an amazing performer, and to suggest that Shakira gave a great performance at the Superbowl and JLo didn't would be blatant bias.

Gurl if you love Shakira so much go start a thread.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block