PCD's “React” did not deserve to flop

seems like old school artists does not understand the HUGE importance of timing nowadays..

They had a shoot of making this a sucess if they would release it RIGHT AFTER their performance at UK.. but no.. thay waited like 1 or 2 months.. that in music time is equivalent like to 1 YEARS so.. sorry for you gurls :bareclap:.

People don't like Nicole and that is why her solo career flopped and could never take off. They like PCD, and they like the other girls and it's a good girl GROUP. However, Nicole always takes over and that's why they continue to flop. We want all the girls (or atleast a few of them) singing some leads here and there. The new album won't be released (like all Nicole's albums) if they don't get this right.

I’m so tired of ppl complaining about Nicole being the lead singer. That’s the way it’s always been. If the other girls had a problem with it, they didn’t have to come back and do the reunion. No one forced them, either they needed the money or they just wanted to do it and they’re fine with being backup to Nicole. Or maybe if they put out an album we’ll hear the other dolls more. But clearly they’re ok with it being the way it is, Melody wasn’t ok with it and she didn’t come back, the rest of them didn’t have to either. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

I love the song but they did a horrible job promoting it.

First of all; they should have released it RIGHT AFTER their X Factor performance and not wait months. Their performance was hot news and was watched by many people. I expected them to release React right after the performance but did not which was a huge mistake.

Second, it leaked weeks if not months ahead of its release and they did nothing.

Third, people were expecting more PCD and less Nicole and her backup dancers as they said multiple times that this time, the other dolls will be in the spotlight too. People are just sick about Nicole and the dolls and want THE DOLLS.

4th, they didn't even post their performance on their own channel...

So yeah it's their own fault it flopped

I agree with this 100%. The song itself was very good but should have featured the other dolls more than just breathing on the mic and theu definitely made a huge mistake by not releasing the song when it was hot right after the comeback performance. That was such a wasted opporturnity :howdareyou:

Despite the rocky start I'm still very excited about the comeback and I really hope they learned something of this mess and do better promo & feature the other dolls with their next releases. I need a PCD album in my life now more than ever :disappointed:

• Love 1
On 5/3/2020 at 2:18 PM, conceptuel said:

I'd prefer seeing the other dolls in their MVs/performance just enough to remember their faces without faving to google them :joanne:

Here Gurl

Jessica Sutta - Show Me (Blocked Nicole's Don't Hold Your Breath from hitting #1 on the Dance Charts, but then Nicole got Jess's album shelved)

Ashley Roberts - Woman Up (Which Meagan Needs A Trainer went on to re-record then all of a sudden had a main writing credit on)

Kimberly Wyatt - Goodbye/Goodnight (She didn't really get anything off the ground fully solo, but she did an album as a duo called Her Majesty and The Wolves)

Carmit didn't do anything worth mentioning after the dolls, I'm still pissed that Jess' album got shelved and Nicole got her dropped from Hollywood records. There were some bops that would have done well enough in 2009.

She then went on to another low budget label called Citrusonic with other former Ex-Doll Carmen Electra

Then she went pretty much independant.

Then back in 2016 she finally got an album released independently (I Say Yes)and had a few bops

She's got four #1's on the Dance Charts

Make It Last (With Dave Aude)

Show Me

I'm Gonna Get You (With Dave Aude)

and Distortion

To put that into perspective Nicole doesn't have a single #1 on any US chart.

14 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Here Gurl

Jessica Sutta - Show Me (Blocked Nicole's Don't Hold Your Breath from hitting #1 on the Dance Charts, but then Nicole got Jess's album shelved)

Ashley Roberts - Woman Up (Which Meagan Needs A Trainer went on to re-record then all of a sudden had a main writing credit on)

Kimberly Wyatt - Goodbye/Goodnight (She didn't really get anything off the ground fully solo, but she did an album as a duo called Her Majesty and The Wolves)

Carmit didn't do anything worth mentioning after the dolls, I'm still pissed that Jess' album got shelved and Nicole got her dropped from Hollywood records. There were some bops that would have done well enough in 2009.

She then went on to another low budget label called Citrusonic with other former Ex-Doll Carmen Electra

Then she went pretty much independant.

Then back in 2016 she finally got an album released independently (I Say Yes)and had a few bops

She's got four #1's on the Dance Charts

Make It Last (With Dave Aude)

Show Me

I'm Gonna Get You (With Dave Aude)

and Distortion

To put that into perspective Nicole doesn't have a single #1 on any US chart.

But people check for them for Nicole mainly so although she might not have a #1 on any USA charts she literally is The *****cat Dolls and I know I checked for the single for her primarily. We don’t have to pit them against each other, but to deny Nicole’s success because she doesn’t have a #1 on a dance chart is kinda unfair 

5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

But people check for them for Nicole mainly so although she might not have a #1 on any USA charts she literally is The *****cat Dolls and I know I checked for the single for her primarily. We don’t have to pit them against each other, but to deny Nicole’s success because she doesn’t have a #1 on a dance chart is kinda unfair 

I'm in no way denying Nicole's talent, just sick of people treating the other girls like they are nothing.

Especially sick of people saying they're only here for Nicole when that's never been the case as her solo "career" clearly displayed.

We all just wanted a girl group.

21 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

I'm in no way denying Nicole's talent, just sick of people treating the other girls like they are nothing.

Especially sick of people saying they're only here for Nicole when that's never been the case as her solo "career" clearly displayed.

We all just wanted a girl group.

Actually the people wanting her to step to the side and let the other girls sing is the majority nowadays. I’ve always been here for Nicole’s career, but her solo music just isn’t as strong as her PCD music. It has a different vibe to it, but yeah I’m familiar with Jessica Sutta because of her dance music 

6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Actually the people wanting her to step to the side and let the other girls sing is the majority nowadays. I’ve always been here for Nicole’s career, but her solo music just isn’t as strong as her PCD music. It has a different vibe to it, but yeah I’m familiar with Jessica Sutta because of her dance music 

That does seem to be the trend, yet there are still quite a few throwing barbs at the other girls.

I just want someone other than Nicole to at least get a verse.

• Like 1

I know everything changes. With the shift to streaming I feel there is just so little care for the art of music and it’s eras. Idk how to describe it. 

I really don’t know how artists can really even let their art shine anymore. 

Everything is just quick release, grab quick money touring and move on. It’s sad. I miss long strong eras. 

I think in the end it’s hurting artists because ppl aren’t sticking to many songs long. Less interest all around. 

I love React and bop to it often so that’s all we can do I feel. 

There’s no much left for Nicole tbh, her reputation is already down for all the PCD dramas, also her solo career is a mess.

but at the other hand I’m not gonna complain for their return, they need to make money and corona virus ended the hype for them as well.

touring is the only way to make some coins he charts don’t do much in 2020.

about the song, is an ok song but not their best.

It’s unnecessary to call it a flop. It definitely established their presence in the industry again. I loved it. The song could have been expanded on with the other girls, a bridge, and some more belting, but it’s a really good club song. It will live on and could easily have a second wind or be a sleeper hit like some of their classics from the 2000s. They obvs can’t promote it properly rn.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shakiras chantaje hit 2.5 b views 

All her recent singles have hit 500m+Views  except her very recent one but it’s already got 70m in like 3 weeks 

don’t mind me always promoting shakira on this forum :gunriah:

I like Shakira but lbr she corners a totally different market.

Like I don't see the gays blasting Waka Waka at the club :chrissy:

On 5/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, lustwecantcontrol said:

The song is mediocre at best especially for a comeback single and the whole girl group thing is so over in the us,  honestly I was shocked to see they were even gonna bother getting back together!

This.

And also ngl everything Nicole touches turns to flop.

I think she's not a nice person irl too maybe im wrong

:makeitrain:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block