PCD's “React” did not deserve to flop

Yes, there were some problems with it.

It’s basically Nicole’s song and the actual song was released weirdly waaaay late after the promo performances.

However, the women SERVED in the music video and the song is an absolute bop.

It’s a modern version of a pop dance anthem from the late 2000s.

Imagine 10 years going by and looking and performing better than ever. 

Thoughts? :lollipop:

pcd-flop.jpg

• Love 8
  • Content Curators
30 minutes ago, Work*****Stan94 said:

I was so sad it flopped :( 

however, I feel like it was bound to happen. Have any of the pop girls from the 2000s or even 2010s have had hits recently? 

Shakiras chantaje hit 2.5 b views 

All her recent singles have hit 500m+Views  except her very recent one but it’s already got 70m in like 3 weeks 

don’t mind me always promoting shakira on this forum :gunriah:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

The problem is, they released it 2 months after the performance, I assume people lost interest.
Then, the controversy about the flop cover (the "Eyes" one), the controversy of the demo and people really thought they won't keep the same old formula that made the group falling appart.
And the cherry on top : the song itself (even it's catchy & I like it), it was Nicole's song with some background vocals of the Dolls. Even the music video screams Nicole. For a comeback song, all the Dolls SHOULD have sung.

I totally understand why Baby Doll (Melody Thornton) decided not to be apart of the reunion. She is a singer.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Guys they aren't on Interscope anymore, they're on an independent label.

You can't gauge their success the way you normally would because there was no payola or label push.

They've actually done very well for an independent release and it landed on a good amount of charts.

Whats the actually difference between being under huge label And independent one? The big corporates have some bigger techniques for marketing right?

• Love 1

if they released right after the x factor performance it would have done MUCH better.

i literally forgot about it until i saw it on a site with leaked music and i had no interest of hearing it.

that being said when it got released officially i listened to it and loved it but most people wouldn’t even remember it 2 months after the performance 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's not their fault. It was really bad timing - it was released about the time the lockdowns started. Everything released in the last few weeks from all artists have flopped and even things like phone sales have flopped.

It's strange because it's all streamed and bought digitally anyway, but it's just a really weird time right now where everything's a flop lol. It still did very well on YouTube though.

Heck, even Beyonce was featured in a single remix today of a very popular TikTok song and it's flopping too (even though it's surprisingly good).

I hope they somehow rejuvenate React later when this is all over, but I think the album + single #2 need to be on hold until this is over. And they got to be bangers.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block