Dyllan White - "Tunnel Vision" (music video premiere)

• Leader

Dyllan White (@dyllanwhite) , one of BreatheHeavy's Creators, released a brooding music video for his new song, "Tunnel Vision." 

The visual is a gleaming, nightmarish rendering of one of Dyllan's harrowing immersive fantasies. He slithers in a neon-lit tub, basks in goo and is chained to the wall. Issa MOOD. 

"For me, this song is about chasing after someone who you know is wrong for you but also embracing it. Slightly obsessive," Dyllan said. He added during the editing stage of the video, the concept of it became clear.

"The different stages of being obsessed with something or someone. You're submerged in it, you're bound to it, you're washing yourself of it, you're stagnant right in the middle of it... all different versions you go through when you're really going through it."

He added: "We all get obsessed with someone at one point or another and we look back at it like "what was i thinking", this song is about embracing that moment you went through but knowing it was just that, a moment in time."

Dyllan is currently living in NYC, the pandemic capital of the world. He opened up about challenges he faces being there whilst being an artist.

"Everything that is going on is completely horrible, and being in NYC in the middle of it has really kept us home. We have to stay home for the safety of yourself and others, so creative people have all the time now and can really focus on it. I had time to edit the "Tunnel Vision" video... I have been writing and producing like crazy haha.. 

But also being able to give back a bit in the capacity that you can... I have another song coming out on Friday 'new york, u are my friend' that gives comfort to all us New Yorkers who are home and the New Yorkers who are still out there working hard for everyone. I wouldn't have ever created a song like this had it not been for the emotions I am going through, and if i'm going through it, i'm sure MANY others are. The video will consist of photos of people in their masks, zoom/houseparty meetings, people volunteering, essential workers, the 7pm clap, etc. I have been inside and wasn't as inspired. I tend to rely on experiences I have w others to create... feeling the city wide clap at 7pm for the essential workers; inspired me..."

Dyllan continued: "So finding different forms of inspiration and being open to them is key."

Thoughts on the video, Exhale? Drop a line in the comments.

dyllan-tunnel.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block