How do you guys feel about this new wave of indie pop?

I'm not the largest fan of Charli XCX but I appreciate what she's trying to do. Idek who Slayyyter is. But I STAN Kim Petras with a passion. And personally I love it. Pop music is really on a decline right now. The only popular artist who's doing pop music right now is Taylor Swift so, to see that there are still artists out here committed to it as an art form.

1 hour ago, sochaotic said:

A lot of artists (Charli XCX, Slayyyter, Kim Petras) are embracing a very hyper pop sound/aesthetic that I personally LOVE :makeitrain:

how do you guys feel about this sound? 

I wanna hear Brit do this sound SOO bad it would fit her so well 

I love all of them! I can't support Kim and Slayyyter due to the controversies surrounding them, but I love their music. While I don't think Charli or Slayyyter's sound would fit Britney well, Kim's sound is the opposite. From what I remember, Britney is one of her main influences, so that explains why.

But also, I wouldn't classify any of their music as indie pop. Charli makes mostly avant-pop, electronic and experimental pop, while Kim and Slayyyter are both pure pop (though they experiment with different genres: trap / hip hop / R&B and electropop / dance respectively).

• Like 1

I respect anyone who listens to them. It's their prerogative. I don't judge. But I don't listen to them. Unless a friend sends me a link and wants me to listen to one particular song because they want to talk about something or show me something or it's their new anthem or whatever or it's someone really close to me and wants me to listen to back to back Marina albums, - I won't go out of my way to check on these artists. :imacat:

• Like 1

I haven’t listened to Slayyyter, but in regards to Kim Petras and Ava Max, it’s just not vibing with me. It’s weird, it’s music i would think I would like, but it just doesn’t interest me at all when I listen to it. 

I haven’t listened to Charli XCX’s recent stuff, but I really liked her True Romance álbum back in the day. She hasn’t vibe with me in the years following which is why I haven’t kept up.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Super here for it. Indie pop imo pushes the sound before it eventually is heard mainstream. Then when that becomes mainstream, a new wave of indie pop artists rise and the cycle repeats. 

Kim Petras is my fav of the three mentioned. 

Exactly!! I hope Kim ends up getting more mainstream she totally has the talent to back it up

23 hours ago, sochaotic said:

A lot of artists (Charli XCX, Slayyyter, Kim Petras) are embracing a very hyper pop sound/aesthetic that I personally LOVE :makeitrain:

How do you guys feel about this sound? 

I wanna hear Brit do this sound SOO bad it would fit her so well.

indie.jpg

THIS IS ALL I LISTEN TO ! <3 SO HEAR FOR IT! my 3 favorite artists mixed with some dorian Electra  and Brooke Candy <3 Yass mamam

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that's more PC music, not indie. :) And they're okay I guess, but I would trade all of them for Ayesha Erotica back. :crying1: If you've never heard of her, she's absolutely amazing. :mcry: She did a couple tracks with Slayyyter, though Slayyyter will never compare to her. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block