I'm a reporter working on a documentary about Britney Spears and could use your help

RebeccaNYT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Oh god not this again. Did you read the very bottom of that? It's fake. Stop spreading false information, please.

Ok. Well this guardian piece from 2007 IS real and is essentially saying the same thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2007/oct/07/1

One way or another, Larry Rudolph needs to acknowledge his deep mistakes as a manager.  The scumbag doesn't seem to like to take blame

If the scumbag says he only managed her when she was successful, then he thoroughly participated in deteriorating her mental health and performing skills  Period.

I think Britney should live her life (and turn Instagram comments off)

1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

Ok. Well this guardian piece from 2007 IS real and is essentially saying the same thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2007/oct/07/1

One way or another, Larry Rudolph needs to acknowledge his deep mistakes as a manager.  The scumbag doesn't seem to like to take blame

If the scumbag says he only managed her when she was successful, then he thoroughly participated in deteriorating her mental health and performing skills  Period.

I think Britney should live her life (and turn Instagram comments off)

I'm not here arguing about Larry. Go off. I'm just against you spreading that fake af marketing plan. Period.

Hi Rebecca,
-I am glad that a journalist at least has a project on the table about everything that is happening to her and has happened to Britney during these 12 years.I hope that someone will finally listen to her, understand her, and tell her story fairly.I honestly would like people to ask themselves how a person who is known worldwide and is a Pop Star can reach this situation.
-I would like to hear about conservatorship and how a person like her is suitable for a conservatorship? According to Andrew Wallet because she was near ruin, according to her team because she was off the rails, according to her father because she cannot take care of herself ... those reasons are enough for her to be in a conservatorship? There has also been talk that she is in conservatorship because she suffers from alleged bipolarity and schizophrenia ... but my question is, why is she fit for this ... and people like Mariah Carey, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Kanye West people who have officially said that they are diagnosed with bipolarity are not in a conservatorship?.
-I would also like to know why a woman like Britney Spears is humiliated among other things at the media level and ends up in conservatorship for having a collapse/breakdown and a man like Robert Downey Jr is acclaimed for having a collapse/breakdown in his time?.

-I would also like it to be talked about because an incompetent person returned to work so quickly and has been working all these years. Her father said "that to keep her busy" and her team because "they were playing a lot, I suppose they were talking about her career", are these two reasons compatible enough with  a judge's sentence?.

-I'd also like to know why her team has for years sold to the media that it has 30% or even 50% joint custody of her children. When she is an incompetent person and that means she cannot have her own rights. Can she have the rights of minors while she is in conservatorship?.
-I would also like to know why nobody paid attention in a voicemail where she is asking for help, saying that they threaten to take her away from her children and that she wants the conservatorship to end, is this not a crime of omission of the duty of help? It is truly ironic that there is controversy and drama if she does not wear panties, shaves her hair, a bad performance, goes barefoot in the court parking lot, but with this voicemail, there was neither drama nor controversy.
- I would also like it because her lawyers with people who have done her real harm only ask for a restraining order?and I say her lawyers even though she can't hire a lawyer because a judge named her incompetent and she's under conservatorship.
- I would also like to talk about double standards with her from the beginning of her career because people can afford to cross limits with her (be disrespectful, question her virginity, her body, her relationships, be misogynous, etc and there are even that people who have wished her death on television in prime time and important presenters have allowed these comments) ... it is always curious to me that people humiliated a young women for bad performance but at the same time applauded a feminist woman as is Sarah Silverman the famous night of the VMA 07 for insulting her children, babies of 1 and 2 years old.

20 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

-I would also like to know why a woman like Britney Spears is humiliated among other things at the media level and ends up in conservatorship for having a collapse/breakdown and a man like Robert Downey Jr is acclaimed for having a collapse/breakdown in his time?.

I second absolutely EVERYTHING you said, but this point ESPECIALLY. Britney Spears is such a victim to double standards. It's been that way since the beginning. But especially following her breakdown. I remember the infamous "Me Time" post last year and news outlets were pushing out articles about how we need to better ourselves towards Britney Spears and her mental health. Why to this day does the GP and news STILL label her as unstable? Is it because in EVERY single article that comes out about her, even if it is positive, they use the last few paragraphs to talk about Britney's" infamous 2007 meltdown" and how her father "saved" her? By stripping away all of her human rights and pushing her back on stage?

7 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I second absolutely EVERYTHING you said, but this point ESPECIALLY. Britney Spears is such a victim to double standards. It's been that way since the beginning. But especially following her breakdown. I remember the infamous "Me Time" post last year and news outlets were pushing out articles about how we need to better ourselves towards Britney Spears and her mental health. Why to this day does the GP and news STILL label her as unstable? Is it because in EVERY single article that comes out about her, even if it is positive, they use the last few paragraphs to talk about Britney's" infamous 2007 meltdown" and how her father "saved" her? By stripping away all of her human rights and pushing her back on stage?

Thanks! With her, society and the press are experts in the double standards: Society has Britney's image of her breakdown and during these years it has not improved and her team loves to sell that image because it benefits them.I hope that someday they will be fair to her and tell the truth and tell her story no matter how late it is for her.

Recent videos of Britney interacting with fans ? I don't think it actually exist ? There's some very nice meet&greet picture where you can see that she had a good moment with her fans, but it's not a video... There's that domination announcement where she signs a few things before her team stop it... 

The closest to "interacting with fans" we have is video from her IG where she speaks to us but might not be the best material for what you're aiming for ? 

As everyone said above, there's some bootleg video of Piece of me show where she talk to the audiance that are interesting ! And also please include some live vocal footage like the "something to talk about" video. 

Anyway, let us know when it comes out ! Can't wait to see it !!

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Now I understand your post yesterday about not knowing what the 'neon boxes' was for. I thought you were joking. :imacat:

Presenting Exhale+!

omg somebody notices me on exhale:gobaby:

also no im not joining that. 3 bucks for usa is 200 bucks for my country:smokney:

Archived