#JusticeForBedtimeStories Madonna's 'Bedtime Stories' hits #1 on iTunes in the US

Madonna only authorized one album in her huge catalog, 1994's Bedtime Stories, is being sold at the discount price of $4.99. She isn't even promoting it!

We were talking about how labels have to find a solution to improve pure sales. Honestly. $4.99 is obviously what people are willing to pay for an album.

Anyway this morning alone. Bedtime Stories started at #482. Then in two hours once fans started a #JusticeForBedtimeStories campaign. It jumped eventually climbed to #1!

It's the only Madonna album in the iTunes top 100. Many rebel hearts noted it's the only one being sold at $4.99. 

Many believe that she had final say since the album is through her record label Maverick.

Oddly enough... only iTunes is participating in the sale. 

This just proves the price is what's appealing to consumers to buy decades old albums that's available to stream. 

Congrats, Madonna!

bedtime.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Wow she really did that. First Mimi not Madge :kyliecry:

I honestly LOVE Bedtime Stories. I’ve probably listened to half of Madonna’s discography by now and it’s still my fav album by miles. It’s nearing the top 50 here in the UK, if it get’s closer to the top 10 I’m buying to help the legend too. Again...kim kardashian GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@JordanMiller

@Roxxy

Honestly people will buy albums. But it's at a price they feel is desirable. 4.99 is it. 

And very much agreed. I’ve had this theory for a while that if prices were lowered just a bit (at least on iTunes) we could see a big change for the best in album sales. Ugh tired of seeing so many forgotten albums going #1 with 900 pure sales. The way the album has just gone #1 on iTunes like 25 years after its release with no mention/promo from Madonna at all

This album is in my top 3 Madonna albums and it never really got the recognition it should've so I am happy but, also a bit skeptical... hopefully no one is "playing" with those iTunes and people are really nostalgic, buying them and recognizing its quality :imacat:

Mariah, Janet, Madonna, I LIVE :prettyney:

• Love 1
  • Leader
3 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

This album is in my top 3 Madonna albums and it never really got the recognition it should've so I am happy but, also a bit skeptical... hopefully no one is "playing" with those iTunes and people are really nostalgic, buying them and recognizing its quality :imacat:

Mariah, Janet, Madonna, I LIVE :prettyney:

How does one "play?" 

2 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

How does one "play?" 

I know this is just a conspiracy theory, but look at all the big YouTubers getting their channels hacked. I wouldn't be surprised by any sorts of manipulation of the system but this is probably not the topic that should be discussed here so I'll just leave it :imacat:

• Leader
15 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

I know this is just a conspiracy theory, but look at all the big YouTubers getting their channels hacked. I wouldn't be surprised by any sorts of manipulation of the system but this is probably not the topic that should be discussed here so I'll just leave it :imacat:

Me hacking iTunes to get Mariah and Madonna to #1 :typing:

• Haha 1

One of the albums that belongs to her Holy Trinity and that sort of gave birth to Ray of Light. :thelook:

Even though she made the album to soft the controversy and backlash from Erotica, the *** book and Body of Evidence, Bedtime Stories sounds more erotic and ****** than Erotica.

She gave us underrated gems besides the singles: Survival, Inside of Me, Forbidden Love, Love Tried to Welcome Me, Sanctuary. :madance:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block