I just bought two K-Pop albums & I'm really excited about it

I know most people don't really buy CDs nowadays, and I haven't bought one in years myself. I think the last time I bought a CD was back in 2012, and it was Marilyn Manson's "Born Villain", which, come to think of it, is super random. :slowdown: However, if it's worth buying any CDs, it's definitely K-Pop CDs because they truly are collectables. They're super elaborate and come with a lot of freebies. They're a bit more expensive, but, IMO, they're worth it. Plus, I've been a fan of K-Pop for over two years now, but I still hadn't bought a K-Pop album until now. :indulge: Most K-Pop albums come in 2 (if not 3 or 4) different versions that have different packaging and other things that set them apart. Obviously, there's the CD itself, but then in addition to that you also get a photobook (I've seen some that are 100 pages thick), photocards (there's usually a set of 30ish available ones, and albums typically come with about 3 of them) and some other freebies such as stickers, posters, postcards, etc. :forkit: If Western artists were as elaborate, I'd totally buy CDs more often. :ohmygawd: I spent $40, which is kind of steep for two albums, but in order to get free shipping (otherwise shipping would be like $40) my cart had to hit the $39 mark, so I ended up getting two. Had I gotten only one album, the shipping would cost three times the price of the album itself, which is super unreasonable. :ohwut: I ended up getting these two albums (yes, I do realize that none of this means anything to any of you :inbed:):

1000x1000bb.jpeg1000x1000bb.jpeg

APRIL "Da Capo" & TAEYEON "Purpose"

Both of these albums come in two versions, but they offer the option to buy a random one, which I selected because, IMO, it's much more fun that way. :gagasmile: Anyway, if any of you are interested in seeing how elaborate K-Pop albums are, here's an unboxing of one of them:

This album, for example, comes in 3 different versions, but I've seen some that come in 5. :ohdear: So yeah, I'm super excited. It's a shame that I'll probably have to wait for 3 weeks or something for this stuff to arrive - I'm very impatient. :donewithit:

kpop.jpg

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg I haven't bought a K-Pop album in a looong time. My last was The Boys, i'm not sure. :yesokay:

Well... I bought Queen Taeyeon's album, so I'm supporting legends here as well. :gagasmile: Good thing I didn't buy "My Voice" - otherwise Myah would be getting some of that coin. :inbed: IMO, SNSD's Japanese discography is better than their domestic one. HOWEVER, "The Boys" is a great album, and "Lazy Girl" is THAT song for me from said album. :tysm:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Well... I bought Queen Taeyeon's album, so I'm supporting legends here as well. :gagasmile: Good thing I didn't buy "My Voice" - otherwise Myah would be getting some of that coin. :inbed: IMO, SNSD's Japanese discography is better than their domestic one. HOWEVER, "The Boys" is a great album, and "Lazy Girl" is THAT song for me from said album. :tysm:

I want to buy Taeyeon's debuuut nooowww. I never bothered to buy it then cause i never expected her to blow up like this as a pop girl. Now that I feel compelled to get it. :haha:

Omg me too i like The Boys. It's their Circus:comingthru: i like all songs especially the 2 singles buuut I stan Top Secret. A bop! :prettyney:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I want to buy Taeyeon's debuuut nooowww. I never bothered to buy it then cause i never expected her to blow up like this as a pop girl. Now that I feel compelled to get it. :haha:

Omg me too i like The Boys. It's their Circus:comingthru: i like all songs especially the 2 singles buuut I stan Top Secret. A bop! :prettyney:

Wish I could've had the same energy when "Glory" came out. :inbed: Do it, girl! Spend that coin! :whiteladydance:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Wish I could've had the same energy when "Glory" came out. :inbed: Do it, girl! Spend that coin! :whiteladydance:

But you got it eventually, right? Riiight? :unreal:

Where do you buy K-Pop albums online? cause I order mine through this girl on Instagram who goes to SoKor to buy albums and sells them locally. :idkney:

12 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

But you got it eventually, right? Riiight? :unreal:

Where do you buy K-Pop albums online? cause I order mine through this girl on Instagram who goes to SoKor to buy albums and sells them locally. :idkney:

nope, I didn't even get a digital copy :inbed: the only Britney album I've ever bought is "The Singles Collection", and it's her best one, so I'm not even mad about it :gagasmile: I bought mine from yesasia.com :mhm: there are a lot of other websites, but I'm not sure if they offer free shipping (this one does on orders above $39 if all the items are eligible for free shipping) :useeinthis:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

nope, I didn't even get a digital copy :inbed: the only Britney album I've ever bought is "The Singles Collection", and it's her best one, so I'm not even mad about it :gagasmile: I bought mine from yesasia.com :mhm: there are a lot of other websites, but I'm not sure if they offer free shipping (this one does on orders above $39 if all the items are eligible for free shipping) :useeinthis:

What omg doesn't it bother you. :yesokay: well, i bought my physical copy mooonths after anyway. :haha:

Oh yeaaah i know that. I so wanna catch up with GG and Taeyeon releases but I really the I Got a Boy album and Taeyeon's cause they're the best looking. :praisega:

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

What omg doesn't it bother you. :yesokay: well, i bought my physical copy mooonths after anyway. :haha:

Oh yeaaah i know that. I so wanna catch up with GG and Taeyeon releases but I really the I Got a Boy album and Taeyeon's cause they're the best looking. :praisega:

You really should get back into K-Pop. IMO, the music is the best it's ever been. Mindless bops upon mindless bops. We love to see it. :whiteladydance:

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I still would love to own MADE by BIGBANG. That album is a classic and absolutely perfect (minus "Girlfriend", which is a b-side or a filler compared to the rest of the tracks).

I've never really listened to any of BIGBANG's music (minus their most iconic title tracks, obviously), but I probably should because they're freakin' legends (minus Seungri, of course) :mhm:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block