Marina reportedly fired her manager while the manager was on maternity leave

• Leader

Marina Diamandis (Marina and the Diamonds) is getting heat for allegedly firing her manager whilst the manager was on maternity leave. 

There's no proof the manager who opened up about her experience is indeed about Marina, but fans believe the timing of everything lines up. 

As an artist manager I was recently fired by a client while on maternity leave. I’m unfortunately very familiar with this feeling: I have two children, and this has happened to me exactly twice. Within the first three months of both my children’s lives I was fired by long-term clients. It’s as bad as it sounds. You are holding a newborn and receive word that your artist needs to “have a chat”. They give reasons which are unrelated to your new baby, but the timing is too specific. It’s hurtful, incredibly stressful and unfortunately predictable. And the part that really stings? In my case, both of the artists in question are women.

[...]

The riskiest and most time consuming job in the artist’s team, your business is subject to fluctuating income streams, volatile artist behaviour and competitive environments. The pressure to maintain appearance and attention, or risk potentially losing your client, is ever-constant.

I once made the decision to take my two-week-old newborn to an artist’s concert, bundled in his car seat backstage, his little ears covered by oversized headphones. With my limbs still aching from giving birth 14 days previously I showed up and declared of course I was fit to be standing here at this open air venue for three hours – because that is what is expected and what it takes to be a manager. Ultimately, the artist/manager relationship is based on a trust which tends to flow in only one direction. - Music Business Worldwide

I get that being let go whilst on maternity leave is NOT ideal. It's actually illegal to fire a woman on maternity leave if that's the actual reason.

However, Marina shouldn't be bound to someone just cause they're on maternity leave if there's a better candidate. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

marina.jpg

• Leader
2 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was like: waiiit... MATERNITY LEAVE?!?!?! MARINA'S PREGNANT?!?!?! HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS AS A REALLY BIG FAN?!?!?! :ohmygawd: But then I actually read the thread and realized. :gagasmile: I mean, what can I say... As long as there was a good reason to fire her, I don't care. :donewithit:

I really should have worded that title better :gagasmile:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block