what do you think of crossroads

Most of her MVs have a deeper scenario :deserves:

But, even though she isn't a groundbreaking actress, her performance wasn't that bad. It was ok,  I actually think that she has a great comedy vibe, and she was kinda cute in it. Basically, every time that a famous singer tries to get involved in a movie/etc he/she is getting a nomination for the Razzie Awards. What I'm wondering is... where did that 10 million dollar budget go :jj: and who wrote that post-it worthy scenario :jj:

PS 1 : she definitely gives huge "not that innocent but kinda innocent"

One century ago, on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you'd have some celebs having a star with more than one competence (in acting & singing): do you know any recent one (tried to google it but can't find it) ?

Edited by conceptuel
****ty grammar
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Most of her MVs have a deeper scenario :deserves:

But, even though she isn't a groundbreaking actress, her performance wasn't that bad. It was ok,  I actually think that she has a great comedy vibe, and she was kinda cute in it. Basically, every time that a famous singer tries to get involved in a movie/etc he/she is getting a nomination for the Razzie Awards. What I'm wondering is... where did that 10 million dollar budget go :jj: and who wrote that post-it worthy scenario :jj:

PS 1 : she definitely gives huge "not that innocent but kinda innocent"

One century ago, on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you'd have some celebs having a star with more than one competence (in acting & singing): do you know any recent one (tried to google it but can't find it) ?

I think Crossroads would be great content for a Series. Could be extended from the end or from the beggining. 

I like the movie, i've seem worst movies with great actors and all but the movies are the real Sh.....

30 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

I think Crossroads would be great content for a Series. Could be extended from the end or from the beggining. 

I like the movie, i've seem worst movies with great actors and all but the movies are the real Sh.....

I just think that Britney should've done a comedy. It fits her well, and she did show some interesting skills in that part (2008 : how I met your mom), something like JLo's movies or even Cameroun Diaz, haha. 

• Love 1

I recently rewatched and I have a new appreciation for it. It’s almost like looking through a time capsule. It’s definitely a product of its time but that’s part of its charm. Britney is adorable in it. She puts her all into the role and it shows because she’s better than some A-listers. (Kevin Hart, Matthew Mconaughey, Nicolas Cage, I’m talking to y’all)

• Love 4
  • Super Mods

I love it so much. :crying1:

I've seen it probably a million times since 2002. I used to play it as background music. I just like hearing the dialogues and that's how I got to memorize the lines. My favorite is when they were stuck in some beephole town Louisiana (i'm never gonna get to LA and see Dylan. He's gonna be so upset). :imacat:

• Love 3

🦄 💛🧡💜

1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

I just think that Britney should've done a comedy. It fits her well, and she did show some interesting skills in that part (2008 : how I met your mom), something like JLo's movies or even Cameroun Diaz, haha. 

You think so? Yeah, Britney is funny but I see her more in the Drama/Romance genre. Like “The Notebook”....  I really wish she had gotten that part. Fact: I pretend it’s actually Britney in the movie when I’ve watched it...:yesokay:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, YoungOne said:

What I think of crossroads?

I don’t think of crossroads :jj:

stil better than any movie that Jlo did. 

Come on, Selena is better than Crossroads.

21 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

You think so? Yeah, Britney is funny but I see her more in the Drama/Romance genre. Like “The Notebook”....  I really wish she had gotten that part. Fact: I pretend it’s actually Britney in the movie when I’ve watched it...:yesokay:

It really depends on the year though, I could give a theme for each era 

'The Notebook' would be more 2005 or 2016. 

1998-2002 would be a cute teen-movie

2007 : a sassy character. with her pink wig :gtfo:

2008-2009 : a comedy.
2011 : a robot 

2013 : would be another comedy that you'd watch when you're extremely bored on a Sunday

53 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

She did the casting and Ryan wanted her to play the role of "Alice"because he knew her, liked her, and at the time Ryan couldn't stand Rachel and then fell in love with her.

I think they did not give her the role because she was very well known.

I also think that in 2007 she was going to do a casting with Naomi Watts.

7 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

She did the casting and Ryan wanted her to play the role of "Alice"because he knew her, liked her, and at the time Ryan couldn't stand Rachel and then fell in love with her.

I think they did not give her the role because she was very well known.

I also think that in 2007 she was going to do a casting with Naomi Watts.

Can you image if we had a glimpse of her audition? :yesplease:

All the main actors were great and went on to have great careers. Britney proved she was a better actress than I thought. That crying scene in the bathroom when she is talking about her mum gets me every time. 

• Love 2