Girls Aloud planning reunion for 20-year anniversary

• Leader

Move over, PCD. There's a new reunion in town!

There's buzz that Girls Aloud is planning to get together again to celebrate the band's 20-year anniversary. 

Nadine Coyle reportedly said in a new interview they're still in the very early stages of planning something, but discussions are underway.

Exhale, do we have any Girls Aloud fans in here? Thoughts on this potential comeback?

girls-aloud.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Trentals said:

I WOULD DIE! :makeitrain:

For a manufactured girl group, GA has some of the best and most innovative pop music that has been released this millennium. Tangled Up album is flawless. Anyone who is a fan of pop music is truly missing out if they’ve never listened to any of GAs music :mcry:

YES!! Tangled Up is such a sick album, was listening back to it the other day and forgot that it has soo many bangers!!

Not sure how I feel about a 20 year reunion though, they did it for their 10 year and said the chemistry had gone. Think they should just leave it there tbh.

43 minutes ago, OOPSY said:

I was listening to them yesterday in the shower, they are everything I hope this happens and Nicola Roberts releases a new album afterwards, Cinderella`s Eyes is a bop, too sad it is not available on Spotify or Apple Music/Itunes. 

Cinderella’s Eyes is on Spotify here in the UK!

It’s been years since I‘ve listened to it properly but it’s a solid album. I’d love Nicola to release more music. She was amazing on The Masked Singer this year, I knew it was her all along!

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

Cinderella’s Eyes is on Spotify here in the UK!

It’s been years since I‘ve listened to it properly but it’s a solid album. I’d love Nicola to release more music. She was amazing on The Masked Singer this year, I knew it was her all along!

Unfortunately not available here in the US, I love that album from beginning to finish. I saw her on The Masked Singer, it was cute. :makeitrain:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born2Die said:

I never really followed them, but I was under the impression most of them don't even get along anymore? Is this just a money grab?

Well sort of. Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola are still very close friends to this day, but aren't really friends with Nadine and Sarah. I remember Nadine saying in an interview that because she got the most vocals, it caused some animosity in the group. When the group split in 2013, Nadine publicly stated that it was not her decision and she wanted to carry on, and some fans ended up blaming Chimola (the term to refer to Cheryl/Kim/Nicola together). It's very complicated haha. 

I hope if they do reunite, they do it with good intentions and not just for the money, and of course resolve any past differences they may have had.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Fans are in. But only one thing they demand. No Cheryl cole. That's how much the public in the UK hates her. They don't want her in the reunion. Apparently she has a lot of damage control to be forgiven by the British public..

What does she need to be forgiven for? As an American, whenever I did hear about Cheryl, to me she seemed to be a victim/ someone to root for and the public loved and supported her (her husband cheating, almost dying, she won people over on Xfactor). And I thought she was like the most successful solo female pop girl; the UK's Beyonce?

58 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

What does she need to be forgiven for? As an American, whenever I did hear about Cheryl, to me she seemed to be a victim/ someone to root for and the public loved and supported her (her husband cheating, almost dying, she won people over on Xfactor). And I thought she was like the most successful solo female pop girl; the UK's Beyonce?

She was. But Jessie Glyn took her record 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block