Autism And Britney

I kind of can't even seek out diagnosis yet and I heard it's a nightmare, especially in the U.S. Luckily, I feel like it's so obvious with me. I just have seriously higher priority medical needs to take care of first, and now we're in lockdown to boot. I was supposed to have surgery in April, and although it's actually a really important health-related thing, they had to postpone it. I'm really anxious and bummed about it but trying to remember to think of others too. I digress!

Anyway, I don't know about calming down necessarily, but maybe. She is a huge mood boost and a bit of an energy boost for me. I turn to her during some angry times, but I think I stew in my anger but she does cheer me up. I guess calm down, but I don't know if I like that phrase, haha. I might also turn to "Float On" (by Modest Mouse) on repeat for hours instead, hehe.

• 8 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 11:29 PM, Roxxy said:

I support this club / gathering / association / convention. :barbie:

HOW ARE YOU? i think i love you a lot but scared you away

i still must say i don't do anything just to be banal :s i always want to have meaning but heh maybe i am autistic too i always can't get it conveyed.

(although should i have this excuse- autistic?? now thats a topic on its own

People sometimes love to make fun of others for having simple things such as music, books etc or favorite artists who help them cope. But it’s not silly at all. Whatever it is that helps someone get through a tough moment or time is good and worth it (unless it’s causing harm but not the point). 

i don’t have autism. But when I have a panic attack, music from my favorite artist calms me down instantly, so I get it. Especially when it’s music with lyrics you can relate to or that help you stay strong. So good.

im sure Britney would be happy to know she helps you cope.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Hey, I know it's not the same but I have OCD and her music calms me down loads and takes my mind off any intrusive thoughts or compulsions almost completely (especially when I'm dancing to it). Thanks for sharing your story <3 

i also am suffering from OCD As well and i also use britney to distract myself aswell 

• Love 1