Nena Oldschool

Spicechinodiva

Growing up in a family that was musical. 

Grandfather is self taught guitar and piano. I am able to actually detect the synths and the production process better than most music techs. Growing up. The golden rule was Music is a universal language. Shall be treated as such. My mother dated a Guy from Germany. I was 4. He played The US compilation 99 Luftballons by Nena. 5 English songs  (learned last week. None of the songs matched the actual translations...not shocked.) Oldschool is my favorite of her modern day stuff. 

She was harshly criticized on her last album in 2012 for not wanting to discuss the 80s or her initial introduction in German pop music. 

So in 2015 she hooked up with Samy Deluxe a huge act in German hip hop. The result was in her new album representing the past with the music she loved at the age of 13. The album touches on her first child who died at 11 months of a brain defect. But while most moms mourn. She said. I got to spend 11 amazing months. We will see each other again. 

The video for Oldschool takes all the mag clips, the single covers and 80s stars like ET, her band and they mouth the lyrics. Look for a cameo of American pop icon Madonna at the very end. With nena saying what is true. Globally no one was bigger for American acts as a female than Madonna.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived