Watching Kylie's just add water documentary on apple music.

Spicechinodiva

One of the things that apple music offers that spotify doesnt. Music videos to add to your fave acts catalog to watch. Basically killing YouTube. 

Watching the documentary just add water which is the making of Her 2011 Aphrodite les follies tour..

Kylie and William Baker made a stage that also featured a huge water element. It hasn't been done on a major concert tour like this. And it definitely hasn't happened since then. The tour had 20 trucks dedicated to the water element a long with the other ten trucks that carried the rest of the stage. Researching proves why it won't happen again. A normal performance of this tour (strictly for Europe and Australia) was heavily expensive. One night costs 58 million to put that show on. Kylie never made that back. Normally average was 1,000,000 to 1.5 million. Asia, Africa, Latin and North America had a smaller production. Many believe had she been able to perform the arena version worldwide she would have made the return even and a little over. But because she can only do arenas in Europe and Australia well now the UK. 

It's too risky that nobody will actually do it cos it could backfire with the gross return from tickets. Which business analysts expects concerts, sporting events and nightclubs won't happen til a vaccine is created to aid against coronavirus..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

One of the things that apple music offers that spotify doesnt. Music videos to add to your fave acts catalog to watch. Basically killing YouTube. 

Watching the documentary just add water which is the making of Her 2011 Aphrodite les follies tour..

Kylie and William Baker made a stage that also featured a huge water element. It hasn't been done on a major concert tour like this. And it definitely hasn't happened since then. The tour had 20 trucks dedicated to the water element a long with the other ten trucks that carried the rest of the stage. Researching proves why it won't happen again. A normal performance of this tour (strictly for Europe and Australia) was heavily expensive. One night costs 58 million to put that show on. Kylie never made that back. Normally average was 1,000,000 to 1.5 million. Asia, Africa, Latin and North America had a smaller production. Many believe had she been able to perform the arena version worldwide she would have made the return even and a little over. But because she can only do arenas in Europe and Australia well now the UK. 

It's too risky that nobody will actually do it cos it could backfire with the gross return from tickets. Which business analysts expects concerts, sporting events and nightclubs won't happen til a vaccine is created to aid against coronavirus..

Was she losing 57 million euros per night? That would add up to half a billion euro loss throughout 10 dates only and ofc she doesn't have billions to support it. Those things don't add up. 

2 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Was she losing 57 million euros per night? That would add up to half a billion euro loss throughout 10 dates only and ofc she doesn't have billions to support it. Those things don't add up. 

No, the tour itself did extremely well, even with all the expenses. It in no way cost 57 million per show. That's not even possible. The tour actually grossed around $60million. 

Just now, ol123 said:

No, the tour itself did extremely well, even with all the expenses. It in no way cost 57 million per show. That's not even possible. The tour actually grossed around $60million. 

I am aware the show could not cost 57 million per night - I just stated that the facts the person who opened the thread stated seemed dubious at best :gagasmile:

We need actual receipts

I love Kylie, she's my 2nd fave after Britney. The Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour is so amazing! I got to see Aphrodite Live here in the States (as well as For You, For Me Tour in 2009).

However, I don't think it's accurate that it cost 58 million per night. I'm not sure if you meant US dollars or Euros or what, but that would be insane lol there's just no way. The full water show aka the Les Folies version was performed 36 times in Europe and 10 times in Australia for a total of 46 dates. That would be a total of 2.668 billion (dollars?) lol.

Anyway, I do love Kylie's documentaries and it's really cool that she does so many of them. Usually at last one per tour. She used to have some of the best live pop shows but they started getting boring with Kiss Me Once. I really liked the Golden album but that tour is pretty boring too. I wish she would go back to her avant garde style of shows like Fever. IMO her best tours are Fever, Showgirl, and Aphrodite: Les Folies.

Archived