Demi Lovato says she is not affected by cancel culture or #DemiLovatoIsOverParty

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Demi Lovato was recently embroiled in an online controversy that inspired the hashtag #DemiLovatoIsOverParty.

She reportedly had a finsta (a fake Instagram) and posted some harsh things about Selena Gomez. That is, if we are to believe it's real. Read more about that here.

In a new interview on I Weigh with host Jameela Jamil, Demi says cancel culture doesn't affect her anymore because it's a non-factor in her real life.

“I’ve been cancelled so many times that I can’t count," she said. "The tag... that whole thing doesn’t even affect me anymore.”

Should this affect Demi? or is she smart for keeping things moving. 

Weigh in below.

demi-cancel.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone who says they don't care actually care. if they didn't, they wouldn't spend their breath for it. As for Demi, she should. She needs to learn the difference between being bullied on or being a bully herself as she is the one who can't give Selena a break while Selena doesn't say anything about her .... I feel Demi feels unloved and lonely and that's why she does these things so she can get attention. She doesn't care whether it's bad or not. It's actually sad but I bet my money on it this is reason

• Leader
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Everyone who says they don't care actually care. if they didn't, they wouldn't spend their breath for it. As for Demi, she should. She needs to learn the difference between being bullied on or being a bully herself as she is the one who can't give Selena a break while Selena doesn't say anything about her .... I feel Demi feels unloved and lonely and that's why she does these things so she can get attention. She doesn't care whether it's bad or not. It's actually sad but I bet my money on it this is reason

It's my opinion that any time someone writes something negative about someone else, it's because it's a reflection on how they feel about themself in some capacity. Doesn't mean if you write 'oh they suck,' that you think you suck. But some part of you identifies with it. 

It was still never proved she in fact wrote those things about Selena :imacat:

3 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

It's my opinion that any time someone writes something negative about someone else, it's because it's a reflection on how they feel about themself in some capacity. Doesn't mean if you write 'oh they suck,' that you think you suck. But some part of you identifies with it. 

It was still never proved she in fact wrote those things about Selena :imacat:

Demi has been mentioning Selena over and over in interviews. This instagram thing is just another thing. What's her obsession with her. You don't like her okay clear then don't talk about her all the time...I swear to God everytime I seen an article about her, she mentions Selena in it...

• Leader
Just now, IForgotYouExisted said:

Demi has been mentioning Selena over and over in interviews. This instagram thing is just another thing. What's her obsession with her. You don't like her okay clear then don't talk about her all the time...I swear to God everytime I seen an article about her, she mentions Selena in it...

Happy people don't bring others down :katycry:

Demi gets attacked a LOT on the Internet, and in turn she drags others. It's cyclical. 

I think if we all showed her more love collectively, she'd probably stop dragging Selena. :martini:

It's really weird that she compares herself with people with Grammys or Oscars (she thinks she is so good). And the funny thing is she's actually asking for a forgiveness, but she never really asked for that when she was insulting Taylor and Selena so publicly. She's a BIG LIAR and her music is not good anymore, so, I think she's really canceled. Sam Smith can't save her!

2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Happy people don't bring others down :katycry:

Demi gets attacked a LOT on the Internet, and in turn she drags others. It's cyclical. 

I think if we all showed her more love collectively, she'd probably stop dragging Selena. :martini:

Jordan demi does a lot herself. Slamming Mariah Carey which Mariah said. If you have something to address. Say it to my face. That's how you get **** done..Demi is a lot of talk. But probably can't say what she wants to face to face. Everybody agrees. Though demi is perhaps the reason why Sam new song is flopping. Came out and in mere hours the finsta accusations happened. Wake up. Jordan. Demi is proving again. She went from being bullied to becoming one herself. How many times have we seen this. But one video points out. That Selena has the career that Demi probably wants. The #1 albums, The movie roles, the tv shows, etc. What demi has is pure jealousy. She has to restart her career, new management. Where everybody she grew up with actually maintained their success and kept getting further success. Where demi was left in the dust. 

Not her again. As many others have echoed, Demi is extremely unlikeable. She puts on this show of being a victim, yet, she's so self absorbed and NEVER has anything nice to say about her contemporaries. I get it that she's had struggles, but you can only ride on those struggles for so long before we have to wonder, "is that just part of her schtick?" 

When she performed her new song at the Grammy's this year (it was the Grammy's right?) I thought to myself, "Again? Didn't she already do a comeback song about ***** and recovery?"

It's just irritating and I can't take her seriously anymore. For her to say she's unaffected by the cancel culture, I laugh, because she should be. Her career is not going anywhere...

6 hours ago, Ultraviolent said:

It's really weird that she compares herself with people with Grammys or Oscars (she thinks she is so good). And the funny thing is she's actually asking for a forgiveness, 

This was my exact thought as I was listening to the video.

Welcome to Exhale @Ultraviolent ! 💛

happy pokemon GIF

Come to spill the tea on Demi, stay for the community!

Archived