Britney's dance outfit in "If U Seek Amy"?

bitbitboi

Hey guys! So today I had this huge urge to watch Britney videos, and so I did, and I had a blast! And I always end up watching "If U Seek Amy" because it's one of my favorite Britney videos ever. I LOVE the song, I love the grungy look with that filter, she looks amazing and super healthy, so full of energy and **** and naughty, I love her hair and make up, and also the outfits, especially the one in the dance scenes, but then I realized I don't think we've seen it enough... I love the editing of the video but at the same time we can't see the outfit clearly, and I noticed that in one scene it changes slightly with a skirt on top or something. Both variations look amazing to me, and so ****, and I'd love to see it in full and more clearly. So, does anyone else love this look and have a nice picture of it (a behind the scenes pic that I haven't seen or don't know of, maybe) to share, please?? This song and video are so underrated I swear...

PS: Those red heels? :letitburn:

5pWd8NM.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo this is a Mandela Effect! I do not recall her ever wearing a little skirt over her leggings in the dance / sit down moments! This is seriously spooky. I love to watch B’s vids a pay attention to the details and what’s happening apart from her, and this sticks out as too weird. I’ve never seen it, and it looks weird.  :jackk:   :mhmnod:   :zoomzoom:

17 hours ago, CJMCH said:

That skit was probably there because of the same reason why they put her in this shirt for the on set pics: The bodysuit was not flattering on the belly when sitting down

02.jpg

Yesss THANK YOU for the picture!!

16 hours ago, ol123 said:

Yasss cleavage contour, come thruuu. christina aguilera television GIF by The Voice

Really?? Where?

13 hours ago, EasyThere said:

That was a corset didn't look awkward sitting down lol.

They most likely added a skirt to fit with cheerleader themed the scene. Or to simply change up the costume a bit.

A corset? I don't think so...

Her website at the time did a full feature on all

the different elements of the outfit, and feel like they made a big deal out of the red shoes. I don’t know how to access archived web pages though so sorry that is no use to you!

I clearly remember that as it was sort of the turning point in Britney’s promo efforts. There was zero TV promo, Britney did nothing more than tweet the MV link, but her website was trying to push weird fashion spotlights as promos. It was very 2009, like create-your-own-look style thing.

13 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

Are those louboutins?

Good question! Now I wanna know!

8 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Her website at the time did a full feature on all

the different elements of the outfit, and feel like they made a big deal out of the red shoes. I don’t know how to access archived web pages though so sorry that is no use to you!

I clearly remember that as it was sort of the turning point in Britney’s promo efforts. There was zero TV promo, Britney did nothing more than tweet the MV link, but her website was trying to push weird fashion spotlights as promos. It was very 2009, like create-your-own-look style thing.

Oh wow THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT! I kinda remember now that you mention it... That's so weird... Wasn't this the year of Candie's? (I can't remember). Maybe that's why?
And you're right about this video being "a turnning point" in her promo efforts, good point...

Archived