Avril Lavigne - "We Are Warriors"

• Leader

Avril Lavigne released "We Are Warriors" on Friday (April 24). 

It's a re-reworking of "Warrior," which landed on her 2019 album, Head Above Water. She re-recorded some of the lyrics to fit the mood of the pandemic. Avril's description of it sounds very optimistic. :wontcry:

"I wanted to get involved and contribute so I got to work in the studio and I want to dedicate this to all of you. I re-recorded Warrior to reflect our current world and all the amazing heroic things you’re all doing. To all the hospital workers, postal service people, grocery store workers, police and firemen, every single one of you who has had their world shaken. This is for you."

You can read her full message below.

Head Above Water really grew on me over the last year. When I reviewed it upon its debut, I was not impressed. However it aged well. 

Any Avril fans here in Exhale?

avril-warriors.jpg

• Love 1
  • Leader
54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I was just watching the other day a "Teens react to Avril". Surprisingly they do know many of her songs, even if they don't know her.

I kept waiting for a music video of Dumb Blonde, the only song I liked from her album, but it never happened  :/ 

That was probably my least favorite song from HAW :teigen:

• Haha 2
On 4/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, JordanMiller said:

No idea but I don't think he would want to help if he was :fruit:

She's being managed By Adam Britney's former other manager. He left larry and Maverick entertainment. He hated the whole arrangement of having to do with Guy oseary, Madonna and Live nation for final approval of all business endeavors especially since They all take stake in all acts under the Maverick entertainment belt. FYI. Everybody blamed him for fifth harmony ending too soon..

1 hour ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

Yes!!!! This is so cute of her

the song is a little generic but I'm glad she did this and will be streaming

still waiting on It Was In Me to be a single (lowkey her best song ever, if you haven't heard it do so now)

tbh HAW is one of her best albums in my opinion n I’m a day one fan. However, some songs shoulda been b-sides. How bright didn’t end on the album is beyond me

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block