[POLL] Worst Britney Spears song of all time?

Worst Britney Spears song of all time? [Multiple votes allowed]  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It's weird that i'm saying this as a member of the BreatheHeavy team but it's Body Ache for me. :yesokay:

I voted for body ache as well, I tried to listen to it few days ago and I couldn’t, it is so bad. Also, I don’t know why I gave BJ another chance. LOL

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, DarkOut said:

Some of these are actually great!

And to be able to vote fairly I'd probably have to go listen to those BJ songs again and IDK............ :decisions:

I actually listened/skimmed through Britney's entire discography several times in order to form this list. It's not that some of the songs are necessarily 'bad', for example HATLM; it's more of rather how poorly mastered and layered they were. Had that song not featured Myah's screeching tone in the chorus screaming the same 5 words over and over to the point where you want to slam your head against the wall, I probably would have left it out, especially considering how the verses sounded decent :martini:

And then we have songs like CWY and Big Fat Bass which are an all-around sh.it show :martini: 

27 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Why would a song she literally wrote which includes her angelic voice, personal lyrics and a soothing piano be a part of her worst? :chrissy:

the unnecessary hate train for My Baby isn't cute :chrissy:

:teigen:

The intention was there, execution not so much 

I smell your breath, it makes me cry 

• Haha 1
Just now, blackoutbixxh said:

:teigen:

The intention was there, execution not so much 

I smell your breath, it makes me cry 

As weird as it sounds, a child's breath literally has the ability to make a mother emotional. I mean, by all means, the lyrics aren't necessarily poetic in any form (like most of her music) but it's far from being her worst. :sipnstare:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I actually listened/skimmed through Britney's entire discography several times in order to form this list. It's not that some of the songs are necessarily 'bad', for example HATLM; it's more of rather how poorly mastered and layered they were. Had that song not featured Myah's screeching tone in the chorus screaming the same 5 words over and over to the point where you want to slam your head against the wall, I probably would have left it out, especially considering how the verses sounded decent :martini:

And then we have songs like CWY and Big Fat Bass which are actually an all-around sh.it show :martini: 

I think we need to make sure we all know what mastering is and isn't.

Why is the mastering on some songs in this list bad?

BTW, "layering" is a big part of mixing. Myah's screeching is a production and performance issue (the producer would choose to omit it, but MAYBE the mixing engineer, if given freedom, or perhaps just bury it in the mix). Mastering can perhaps make Ss pop more, so perhaps screetching, too; but I wouldn't place blame there.

- - - - -

Also, what's "that song"? I didn't mention which songs I think are great (yet!) and they're all older than BJ. I can't remember how much I hate Big Fat Bass right now, haha, but I feel like there's at least ONE song from her that's definitely worse.

Is it He About To Lose Me? (I'm TERRIBLE at acronyms and initials.) I do like that song... Your issues are with the track, which to me is different even though I feel compositions (thus sound) count more than most people seem to. I don't remember having any problems with that track, but the SONG, man.....

"And he don't knowww................"

Anyway, I did take this poll as this being about the tracks but thinking about why I really love He About to Lose Me reminds me that there can be a big difference.  :kiss:

31 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Omg I voted for that too...I mean, the song had potential but it's literally all over the place and lacks cohesion :martini:

I can't say i'm surprised ngl. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

19 minutes ago, OOPSY said:

I voted for body ache as well, I tried to listen to it few days ago and I couldn’t, it is so bad. Also, I don’t know why I gave BJ another chance. LOL

OMG savage! Let's hope Pokie doesn't see this. :unreal:

• Love 1

Everybody :donewithit:

Why Should I Be Sad is not that bad, but compared to the other songs from the poll, it does deserve a vote.

Where are Get Back or Bangerz though?

And I demand DYWCO, NTIFY and HATLM be removed from that poll :liar: Also Don't Cry, one of the best songs from BJ :beynah:

Mmm Papi, My Baby or Dear Diary should be there instead (not because I don't like them, but because are the ones that most users name as the worst song)

• Love 1
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Everybody :donewithit:

Why Should I Be Sad is not that bad, but compared to the other songs from the poll, it does deserve a vote.

Where are Get Back or Bangerz though?

And I demand DYWCO, NTIFY and HATLM be removed from that poll :liar: Also Don't Cry, one of the best songs from BJ :beynah:

Mmm Papi, My Baby or Dear Diary should be there instead (not because I don't like them, but because are the ones that most users name as the worst song)

I somewhat agree and disagree, depending on the statements made, but the important thing is...

Yes, there are DEFINITELY options missing from this poll!!!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1