Sam Smith said they had Coronavirus

• Leader

Sam Smith believes they had Coronavirus. 

The singer, who just released a song with Demi Lovato titled "I'm Ready," never got tested, but believes with certainty they had it. 

“I didn’t get tested but I know I had it. 100 percent had it. Everything I’ve read completely pointed to that. So yeah, I think I definitely had it,” Smith said. 

People are dragging Sam because they believe Sam is revealing this for attention. :imacat:

sam-covid.jpg

• Content Curators
9 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Fixed :well:

you missed the 'he'.

People in UK don't really get tests because they'd just tell you to wait until you can't cope with it to call for help.

Also, Sam's kinda stupid. My sister thought she had it because she got really bad symptoms, but then she tested negative for COVID-19. It was just a bacterial infection.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Rarely anyone in world gets tested. They rest you if your condition worsens.

Also them "gender" is so confusing to use like damn. It's even more messy in my language.

not to double post but i didn't see this til after i had posted already...

them as a singular pronoun is not new and it goes back over a century in english. like idg why it's so very hard for everyone to grasp and use. if someone wants to be referred to as they rather than he or she, it's not alien to the english language and when ppl use "grammar" to dismiss someone's identity it's gross.

1 hour ago, EasyThere said:

Can someone actually explain that gender to me. Never had chance nor interest to learn about it ngl. Like why is it so special  ? And wouldn't be better to find a different word for it. For an example them can't be used in my home language its literally impossible. How em I supposed to call them ?

they isn't so much a gender as it is a neutral term. it gets used in multiple ways:

1. to refer to any member of a group regardless of gender - ex "anyone that makes a mess needs to clean up after themselves

2. to refer to a single, but not specific, person whilst omitting gender for whatever reason - ex "if someone doesn't want to be my friend, they don't have to be"

3. to refer to a single specific person without gender* - ex "if a certain somebody knew, they would be very mad at us"

4. to refer to a single, specific person, with a preference for the neutral gender terminology - ex "sam smith is a popular singer, but they are kind of annoying"

*this one is complex and confusing and will probably be hard to grasp for non-native speakers. that kind of thing is present in english a lot which takes an otherwise simplified language (no real serious tones, almost no gendering of nouns outside of pronouns and more archaically, vehicles/boats/planes ("she's a beauty" in reference to a cruise ship or nice car is a vestige of gendering nouns that most other european languages still do). there may be various reason a gender is omitted, from not knowing the gender despite talking about a real, singular person and trying to be respectful, all the way to detaching yourself from someone you don't know well ("my uber driver was supposed to pick me up, but they never showed up").

they is also used as a plural obviously, which is what throws people off, but in reality it's because they don't consciously think about how they/them/theirs gets used to refer to singular people everyday, and the discussion about gender pisses a lot of people off and scares them so they latch onto it to dismiss nonbinary people. people that prefer them typically identify as something nonbinary, or as androgynous. usually genderqueer is the term i (and plenty of others) use to refer to people that use they; it just means not identifying with male or female or having a specific thing that's neither of those (and usually not androgynous; a lot of people that use that term i see tell people they can say he, she, or they and that they dgaf what people use)

does that make sense? i can explain it more in a message or whatever if it doesn't so it doesn't clog the thread up more

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BritneySpurs said:

He is SO annoying in every way. Everything he says, his music, his voice, wanting to be called they...

I’ve been finding most celebrities to be extremely annoying lately :awkblink: I honestly don’t know why :orangu: I’m usually a celeb wh*re and eat up everything they say and do but lately I’m just like “stfu” :jackk:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block