Rina Sawayama - 'Sawayama' (album discussion)

Has anybody heard “SAWAYAMA”:wigsnatched:because if you haven’t, yr missing out on some great music :mattafact: all I can say is the album is just plain fantastic, slaying, pretty, rocking, thrilling , nostalgic, J-Pop, pop, alternative in the same time :praisega:  There are confident songs like Commes de garçon (can I mention how much this song sounds like do you wanna come over from britney:whiteladydance:), who’s gonna save you know (AHHHHHHHH MY DAMN WIG:firega:), XS (I cannot :wontcry: it’s too good) and dynasty.

Then it has early 2000s anime bangers like paradis’in (:meryl:that’s the bomb sis :meryl:), Tokyo’s love hotel (ugh my ears:pretends:) and chosen family. Guilty songs like bad friend (:riri:) Sad bops like chosen family (:kyliecry:)and plain bops and banger should like ASAKA SAD and snakeskin. Plus the album sounds sooo 80s-early 2000s (omg yessss:werk:).

Overall this album is just outstanding and deserves to get a nomination for Grammy album of the year:imhere: the album also reminds me a lot of Britney’s “in the zone” album:meryell:man looking rn, music released this year is just so solid:lizzie: I mean we got music like future nostalgia, rare, after hours, say so and now this! I hope this year will be the revival of pop:clap: what do you guys think of SAWAYAMA? Let me know in the thread below:kiss:

rina.jpg

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

@Roxxy the look on my face when I read this as I woke up with my tired *** barely slept self. I was like this bish really heard me poppin off and released her damn Jamaican album :makeup:

Super sorry for getting yr hopes up sugar boo:crying4: I would have been devastated if I were in yr case considering that I am a huge riri fan :wendycry: i freaking hate my auto correct :howdareyou:now my thread is going to flop and be downvoted :crying3:

the album BANGS like it's so good...miss rina delivered just as much as i had hoped she would. here's hoping she can get some traction, even a moderately big star that is of asian descent would be a huge breakthru given the near complete absence of east asian people from popular western music. it's so eclectic, you can hear so many threads of music from the past 40 years. my boyfriend who's a metalhead was pointing out parts that sounded like references to disturbed and slipknot (i believe he said the "im a uh im im a uh" chant sounded a whole lot like a specific disturbed song), then i can hear very clear late 90's rnb and early 2000s pop, new jack swing, there are threads of electropop, i hear some twitchy glitchy video game-y noises, it has some anthemic power pop and 80s/70s arena rock notes to it, i hear definite aspects of current electronic music that has a more aggressive industrial noise, it's so amazing

i'm thinkin i would rank the album like;

1. love me 4 me - 10/10

2. who's gonna save u now? - 10/10

3. akasaka sad - 10/10

4. paradisin - 10/10

5. dynasty - 10/10

6. comme des garcons (like the boys) - 9/10

7. xs - 9/10

8. stfu! - 9/10

9. bad friend - 8.5/10

10. snakeskin - 8/10

11. chosen family - 8/10

12. tokyo love hotel - 7.5/10

13. **** this world - 7.5/10

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

Roxxy TRUST ME YOU HAVE TO LISTEN I'M SCALPED 

IT'S LITERALLY BRITNEY (RECORD) MIXED WITH EVANESCENCE LINKIN' PARK STRIPPED DESTINY'S CHILD KPOP FINAL FANTASY SOUNDTRACKS AND GRIMES 

I'M LITERALLY DYING

I would've cared if only.... nvm. :haha: But since you recommended it, maybe i'll give it a listen, Alexy. Love youuu 💛 ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Are you surprised though? Dua is now the first British Female soloist to have an album at #1 for more than a week after Adele’s 25. 

Literally nobody is doing it like you. Exhale pop girls should take notes. :barbie:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block