What are, in your opinion, the best voices in music history ?

I'm talking about artist that changed in a way music forever, artist that will NEVER be replaced

for me

Whitney Houston   amazing iconic performance

Michael Jackson 

He is probably the best artist in the world, His voice is 10/10. Just listen to his voice here, how can it be so perfect?

I miss him so much

Celine Dion   

In the studio, recording session for " The Reason". From 2:05 is pure heaven, those belts

whitney.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Setherface said:

In no particular order: Florence Welch, LP, Christina Aguilera, Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Barbra, Ariana, Sia, Leona Lewis, Lizzo

Lizzo is a fun performer, but you really consider her one of the best voices in music history? britney spears what GIF

In no order (and I’ll probably miss a bunch) but: 

Freddie Mercury, Whitney, Cher, Mariah, Xtina, Celine, Gaga are all extremely talented vocalists who are in leagues of their own. 
Madonna and Britney are both extremely recognisable and impactful from their vocals, aren’t necessarily “great” vocalists but are irreplaceable. 

9 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

In no order (and I’ll probably miss a bunch) but: 

Freddie Mercury, Whitney, Cher, Mariah, Xtina, Celine, Gaga are all extremely talented vocalists who are in leagues of their own. 
Madonna and Britney are both extremely recognisable and impactful from their vocals, aren’t necessarily “great” vocalists but are irreplaceable. 

Finally someone aknowledged Freddy and Cher. To be honest, there are a lot more vocal powerhouses than just millennial singers...

Streisand, Jennifer Hudson, Adele, Alanis Morissette, Anastacia, Björk, Chaka Khan, Deborah Cox, Jessie J, Leona Lewis, Loreen, Sarah Connor, Tina Turner are some of the names that I like and appreciate. 

To me, vocal powerhouses also carry very distinctive and unique voices you would recognize in a heartbeat.

the gate utopia GIF by NOWNESS

Archived