Ellie Goulding delays new album

• Leader

Ellie Goulding decided to delay her new album, according to PortalPopline. It's been forthcoming for literal years. It was slated to drop on June 5th.

Needless to say, she doesn't believe it's the right time to release amidst the pandemic. 

• Ellie wanted the release to coincide with a tour. Since that can't happen now, it's delayed.
  • There's a new song coming in May
  • She recorded it on he phone :miley:
  • The album's divided in two parts: one that's solo and acoustic, the other more main-stream sounding.
  • Some track titles include "Sixteen", "Worry About Me," "Close To Me" and "Hate Me" - all with special guest appearances.
  • The songs relate to one another

ellie-delay.jpg

She was doing so well as a pop artist and then she fell off the face of the earth. She hasn’t released a new album since 2015 :sipnstare:. I think she only has two albums, right? Her new songs kind of sound the same (close to me, hate me) i like them but they aren’t anything special:martini:. I feel that at this point she is a disposable artist :demi: i mean there are so many pop artists now plus trap artists lol. If you wait 5 years to release another album people are going to forget you and move on (Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Megan The Stallion, Billie Eillish, Camilla). Thats just five newbies that have come out since 2015. Then we have Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and Demetria. Pop titans like Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are aiming at releases this year. Where does Ellie fit in? I’m not hating because i do like her music but its not clicking like it used to :tiffanycries:

• Like 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

She was doing so well as a pop artist and then she fell off the face of the earth. She hasn’t released a new album since 2015 :sipnstare:. I think she only has two albums, right? Her new songs kind of sound the same (close to me, hate me) i like them but they aren’t anything special:martini:. I feel that at this point she is a disposable artist :demi: i mean there are so many pop artists now plus trap artists lol. If you wait 5 years to release another album people are going to forget you and move on (Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Megan The Stallion, Billie Eillish, Camilla). Thats just five newbies that have come out since 2015. Then we have Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and Demetria. Pop titans like Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are aiming at releases this year. Where does Ellie fit in? I’m not hating because i do like her music but its not clicking like it used to :tiffanycries:

Yea, it's crazy to me how pop culture works in that way, cause it's a collective decision. Like, we ALL cancelled her not just a few of us. How. Why. :martini:

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Yea, it's crazy to me how pop culture works in that way, cause it's a collective decision. Like, we ALL cancelled her not just a few of us. How. Why. :martini:

I wouldn’t say that we canceled her BUT she is being forgotten. You & I are around the same age and during the “pop emergence” 98-2002 we had:

Britney, Christina, Jessica, Mandy Moore, Beyonce, Avril, Ashanti, Pink, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira (US wise), Kelly Clarkson, Kelly Rowland, Aaliyah (Biggest NEW Acts)

Those women released album after album (every 2-4 years AT least) of these Women which are still relevant? No shade:

Britney - Pop Icon

Beyonce - Pop Icon 

JLo - not musically but she remains relevant

Pink - Relevant music wise and performance wise

Shakira - Globally relevant in latin America

Kelly Clarkson - known for her voice and has a show plus is on the voice. I argue that she will release an inspirational album soon. 

The rest are remembered (at least to me) but they aren’t relevant. The pool in music is even bigger now and more females are coming up. Delaying albums ( Rita Ora, Iggy Azaela, Miley Cyrus and Ellie Goulding) is BAD for their careers. I mean I feel like we have already forgotten about the promise that Normani could have. Where is she???

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block