Former PCD member Melody Thornton under fire for singing “loosen up Corona babe” to "Buttons"

• Leader

Melody Thornton didn't reunite with the PCD because she wanted to focus on her solo work. :surejan:

That didn't stop Thornton from singing a PCD classic anyway. Exh

During a live stream on Instagram, Thornton started playing "Buttons," but she swapped out the lyrics to fit the Coronavirus. It was... a choice. :chrissy:

Here's a taste of the lyrics.

"I'm telling you to loosen up Corona babe, but y'all are coughing. Saying what it's gonna do to me. Now we're all locked in."

She goes on for an entire 90 seconds :ohwut:

How do we feel about this, Exhale?

melody-thornton.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Her parts were always the worst parts of PCD songs. It just didnt fit in. It's like if  after the ending of the Slave 4 U dance break Xtina would suddenly appear and wail around for 15 seconds.

Thats exactly what it felt like.

Her fans blew her head up with being an amazing vocalist, but she wasnt singing lead for a reason, they thought she had potential and that was the only thing that got her in the group. Her bad dancing still pisses me off in old performances.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Thats exactly what it felt like.

Her fans blew her head up with being an amazing vocalist, but she wasnt singing lead for a reason, they thought she had potential and that was the only thing that got her in the group. Her bad dancing still pisses me off in old performances.

Yeah, I remember some interview she done after she left the group. She said that the main reason she joined PCD is she's a vocalist and wants to sing, but it turned out all the girls except Nicole were intended to be a dancers, and she admitted herself she's not a dancer but a vocalist only. 
Yes she had some potential but not in PCD. There was a time, years ago, when I liked her, but I changed my mind when she showed herself as such irritaiting *****. :wtf:
If she didn't like being in PCD she could just leave with some class left on her side, instead of talking sh-t how bad being in the group was. 
I understand her point, but at the same time I think she should appreciate how big oppurtunity she had, definitely she won't perform on such big stages never again. Not to mention awards shows etc. :yaknow:

4 minutes ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

Yeah, I remember some interview she done after she left the group. She said that the main reason she joined PCD is she's a vocalist and wants to sing, but it turned out all the girls except Nicole were intended to be a dancers, and she admitted herself she's not a dancer but a vocalist only. 
Yes she had some potential but not in PCD. There was a time, years ago, when I liked her, but I changed my mind when she showed herself as such irritaiting *****. :wtf:
If she didn't like being in PCD she could just leave with some class left on her side, instead of talking sh-t how bad being in the group was. 
I understand her point, but at the same time I think she should appreciate how big oppurtunity she had, definitely she won't perform on such big stages never again. Not to mention awards shows etc. :yaknow:

Yeah she only made herself look bad in the long run. Nicole never said anything bad about her or mentioned her name like she could have. And even Jessica and Kim had more solo success. I don't know what she's been doing all this time, besides coming off bitter.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block