What are annoying things in Britney's music ?

Midnight

• Content Curators
11 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

The excessive autotune. (Particularly on the verses in Stronger)

I actually feel like the quality of Stronger is not that great. When I listen to it, it sounds like a low quality download.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
12 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Too much autotune. I miss her real southern voice of her first two albums. When they decided to give her a **** breathy vocals like Janet. I felt why. Her voice wasn't made for that. Especially considering she wanted to be like Sheryl Crow. But younger and cooler. 

I would love her to start using real instruments and not computers. 

YES  I hope she considers I actually love her natural voice.

13 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

But I mean you do hear what I mean though ? like the mooo and the can thing it's so annoying.

I mean I hear it, but it doesn't annoy me :ehidk:

The Alien glitch doesn't bother me either :gelis:

14 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

I actually think that makes the song sound great, it makes it sexier and more edgy  :barbie:

:ugh:

I don't listen to Britney Spears music to hear a male voice  :idkney: especially if they're as annoying as those

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, ol123 said:

We know she usually chews gum when recording/performing but i never realised the part at 2:42. Why you gotta ruin my favourite song from the album like that. spooky the voice GIF

I thought everyone knew :sipnstare:

7 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

But why add that sound to a song ? It's really annoying

It's really not. It's like the "stick!" on If I'm Dancing. 

It all blends together.

Sometimes I think it really affects us the hearing device we use. Like how people say that backup vocals take the lead in Britney Jean, etc, I don't hear that. But I've noticed, not just with Britney, but with every other song, that depending on the headphones I'm using, like I have the ones for my computer, the ones for my phone, I've had several wireless headphones too, that are different brand, etc, and with each one I hear like some audio tracks louder than others. Like whenever I buy a new set of headphones, I'm like, wait, this sound was never here, and it's a song I've been listening for more than 10 years or sometimes it's like little instrument bits that suddenly sound louder. 

So in DYWCO case, I hear the can opening, but it's like, I barely hear it, it's very far back among all the other sounds of the track. :yaknow:

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's really not. It's like the "stick!" on If I'm Dancing. 

It all blends together.

Sometimes I think it really affects us the hearing device we use. Like how people say that backup vocals take the lead in Britney Jean, etc, I don't hear that. But I've noticed, not just with Britney, but with every other song, that depending on the headphones I'm using, like I have the ones for my computer, the ones for my phone, I've had several wireless headphones too, that are different brand, etc, and with each one I hear like some audio tracks louder than others. Like whenever I buy a new set of headphones, I'm like, wait, this sound was never here, and it's a song I've been listening for more than 10 years or sometimes it's like little instrument bits that suddenly sound louder. 

So in DYWCO case, I hear the can opening, but it's like, I barely hear it, it's very far back among all the other sounds of the track. :yaknow:

I agree, I actually use heartbeat headphones by lady gaga they are from the beats company. I had them put away for years and recently started to use them. The sound quality is very clear and has deep bass so every song I hear is super enhanced and I think that it's probably the reason those sounds are annoying to me because they sound so loud. 

I have no complaints other than the mastering. With the exception of her first 4 albums and Femme Fatale, all her songs are mixed and mastered terribly. Compare that to Taylor Swift's music, 90% of Madonna's music (with the exception of MDNA), Rihanna's music, even Xtina (with the exception of Lotus), you can hear how crisp the sound is. With Blackout, Circus, Britney Jean, and Glory - I feel like i'm listening to an mp3 or on Youtube. :ehidk:

Which shouldn't be the case when you're a permanent A List Singer.

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I have no complaints other than the mastering. With the exception of her first 4 albums and Femme Fatale, all her songs are mixed and mastered terribly. Compare that to Taylor Swift's music, 90% of Madonna's music (with the exception of MDNA), Rihanna's music, even Xtina (with the exceptio of Lotus), you can hear how crisp the sound is. With Blackout, Circus, Britney Jean, and Glory - I feel like i'm listening to an mp3 or on Youtube. :ehidk:

I think it's the vocal filters.  Like listening to "Invitation" - the song is great but the vocal filter is just awful.  For me it means they are trying to hide the autotunes or hide the fact that it's super chopped up.  Also "Liar" vocal editing is awful. 

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I have no complaints other than the mastering. With the exception of her first 4 albums and Femme Fatale, all her songs are mixed and mastered terribly. Compare that to Taylor Swift's music, 90% of Madonna's music (with the exception of MDNA), Rihanna's music, even Xtina (with the exception of Lotus), you can hear how crisp the sound is. With Blackout, Circus, Britney Jean, and Glory - I feel like i'm listening to an mp3 or on Youtube. :ehidk: Which shouldn't be the case when you're a permanent A List Singer.

With Quicksand I feel this graininess as if the sound was coming through a bag full of sand, but I shrug it off because it fits the Quicksand theme :orly::haha:

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Also "Liar" vocal editing is awful. 

Liar is a bop but it's sooo baaad. You can barely hear her. It's like she's singing through a telephone. :eheeek:

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

With Quicksand I feel this graininess as if the sound was coming through a bag full of sand, but I shrug it off because it fits the Quicksand theme

SCREAMINGGGGGGGG at the sand theme. :haha: I never noticed that, Pokie. Ok i'll play the song now. Are you talking about during the chorus? I do hear a sandy sound. I never noticed this before. :o I guess cause I don't listen to music on headphones a lot so i don't notice details like this. :idkney:

2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Liar is a bop but it's sooo baaad. You can barely hear her. It's like she's singing through a telephone. :eheeek:

SCREAMINGGGGGGGG at the sand theme. :haha: I never noticed that, Pokie. Ok i'll play the song now. Are you talking about during the chorus? I do hear a sandy sound. I never noticed this before. :o I guess cause I don't listen to music on headphones a lot so i don't notice details like this. :idkney:

There is so much new technology that there is no excuse for it.  If you notice, vibrato is not common in pop music anymore and it's because it sounds awful when you pitch correct or autotune it.  They even make live microphones that pitch correct live vocals now - ever wondered why Avril Lavigne and Taylor have perfect pitch now?   So, the Liar vocals are very manipulated in a weird way. 

25 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I have no complaints other than the mastering. With the exception of her first 4 albums and Femme Fatale, all her songs are mixed and mastered terribly. Compare that to Taylor Swift's music, 90% of Madonna's music (with the exception of MDNA), Rihanna's music, even Xtina (with the exception of Lotus), you can hear how crisp the sound is. With Blackout, Circus, Britney Jean, and Glory - I feel like i'm listening to an mp3 or on Youtube. :ehidk: Which shouldn't be the case when you're a permanent A List Singer.

She needs to master the albums for itunes. That's why A lot of the music sounds crisper and clear. They were mastered for Digital download. Not just a CD. 

3 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

There is so much new technology that there is no excuse for it. 

Omg perioooood. That's what I don't understand. Why is her music like that. This is Britney Spears we're talking about and she's signed to a big record label. She's literally the only A Lister I know to have more than one album that is mixed and mastered horribly. Atleast Katy only has Witness and Xtina only has Lotus and Madonna only has MDNA - Britney has 4 of them. I can't. :wontcry:

4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She needs to master the albums for itunes. That's why A lot of the music sounds crisper and clear. They were mastered for Digital download. Not just a CD. 

Her music is Mastered for iTunes. My Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, and Britney Jean are all Mastered for iTunes. There's only so much they can do when they are terribly mixed to begin with. :eheeek:

8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Her music is Mastered for iTunes. My Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, and Britney Jean are all Mastered for iTunes. There's only so much they can do when they are terribly mixed to begin with. :eheeek:

So it's probably who mixed the tracks. Which means the stems vocals, music, bg Vocals. Something happened in production that caused an unavoidable mixdown..

Archived