The CrossFit Games 2020 rages on, moves to Aromas, California

• Leader

Concerts, events, THE OLYMPICS... everything was put on hold due to the ongoing pandemic caused by the Coronavirus. Everything except the CrossFit Games, that is.

According a new press release from the CrossFit head quarters, the Games, typically hosted in Madison, Wisconsin, will instead take place in the sport's place of origin, Aromas, California. 

"We remain fully committed to planning a live competition with live media coverage," the statement reads. "At this point we are concentrating on a competition in Aromas, the original home of the CrossFit Games. We are also evaluating options for virtual competition. We will continue to monitor events globally at will have more details for athletes and fans in the coming months."

It continues: "The Games will not be a public event due to sweeping decisions to ban large festivals and sporting events for the foreseeable future. We are suspending the on-site spectator experience for this year."

They add CF will offer refunds after the event, which kicks off at the end of July.

I'm an avid CrossFitter and wanted to share this news. A virtual potion?! 

Any fellow CrossFitters here in Exhale?

crossfit-games.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
37 minutes ago, Dirk said:

u missing crossfit @JordanMiller?

i want to go back so bad after this virus

but im afraid of my knees

u never hurt urself doing it?

Yes I misssss it. I am doing CrossFit-style workouts with members of my box every day on Zoom (at the park), but it's not the same. I miss using a barbell. I miss toes-to-bar. I miss my community. Ugh. 

However, this pandemic opened my eyes up to sharing more content with you guys. I would have NEVER posted something like this 6 months ago, so that's a silver lining. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

that means you didn’t give Meghan ha streams

SCREAAAAAMIIIIIINNGGGGGGGGG you clocked me. I gave her 5 consecutive plays during the album release day and then I never played it again. :haha: I only have Nice to Meet Ya:prettyney:

Archived