What is going on with Criminal?

Lil-Jay

Everybody who knows me knows I love statistics. 

So usually only Britney YT videos that get over 100k daily views are BOMT, Toxic and Scream&Shout. All others are (usually) below it. 

These days is also OIDIA, not that surprising tho, it is a huge classic on BOMT/Toxic level so it should always have over 100k daily views in my opinion but ok. 

You all remember last month Womanizer was going crazy, hitting over 1m daily views, that wad a bit strange but again, it is her comeback hit, her signature late 00s song and global/US #1. 

But why is Criminal getting over 100k daily views these days?? So today it got 167k views and 5,651 likes! 

I know BOMT even increased its daily views (over 300k) and likes as well (it's going to surpass Toxic's likes tommorow) but it still gets less likes than Criminal, "only" 3k daily. 

In B-army's eyes Criminal was kinda flop, so how do you explain its sudden rise from the dead? :letitburn::mcry:

P. S. It's also gonna surpass HIAM's views in the next two weeks for sure. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It had a moment on TikTok a while ago. :katycream:

3 minutes ago, Oxic said:

thanks to tik tok bby

I know that guys but tik tok was the reason of its growth already for one year or two, that's nothing new, and it never had over 100k daily views, yes, it had a lot considering how a flop it was in 2011 but again this new growth is something else I guess. This is strange even for Criminal's already strange standards lol

20 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Seems to have been especially big among Indian TikTok users, and it's a well-known fact that India is a huge streaming force when it comes to YouTube. :martini: Obviously, no way to know for sure if this is the real reason, but I wouldn't be surprised. TikTok has so much power these days. :ohwut:

If that is very recent, well it could be Tik tok again:umok: That would explain why I found a video 2 days ago where an Indian guy reacts to Criminal mv... 

4 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

I know that guys but tik tok was the reason of its growth already for one year or two, that's nothing new, and it never had over 100k daily views, yes, it had a lot considering how a flop it was in 2011 but again this new growth is something else I guess. This is strange even for Criminal's already strange standards lol

If that is very recent, well it could be Tik tok again:umok: That would explain why I found a video 2 days ago where an Indian guy reacts to Criminal mv... 

I have no idea, tbh. Wish it was possible to see where most of the traffic is coming from. :martini:

the US =/= the world

IWG & Criminal were big long-term hits in France, more popular than TTWE/HIAM

same thing in other countries.

criminal had a huge potential: 0 promo (imagine your single not even included in your tour named after the album) + censored MV killed it. could've been easily another top 10 hit for Brit-Brit in the US. 

weirdly enough, those missed opportunities coincided with the arrival of her new label. I'm sure some crazy members over here can do better jobs. especially when you see the crazy budgets that were unnecessarily wasted on her last MV lol

The song is actually huge in my generation (gen x) that song has been covered for so many Gachas, animating and roblox music videos so a lot of people know it. Even one of my friends fav song from her is Criminal (and toxic but nobody’s talking about that:pieceofwhat:) In fact, that song and if you seek Amy made me know who Britney was when I was 8 year old. So, I would suppose at least 75% Of views are coming of gen z

6 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Seems to have been especially big among Indian TikTok users, and it's a well-known fact that India is a huge streaming force when it comes to YouTube. :martini: Obviously, no way to know for sure if this is the real reason, but I wouldn't be surprised. TikTok has so much power these days. :ohwut:

You give jobless 2.1B people an internet connection, what do you expect :gagasmile:

11 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The song is actually huge in my generation (gen x) that song has been covered for so many Gachas, animating and roblox music videos so a lot of people know it. Even one of my friends fav song from her is Criminal (and toxic but nobody’s talking about that:pieceofwhat:) In fact, that song and if you seek Amy made me know who Britney was when I was 8 year old. So, I would suppose at least 75% Of views are coming of gen z

You're not Gen X if you were 8 when IUSA came out, you're Gen Z. Gen X are in their late 30s-early 50s

Archived