Kanye West is voting for Trump

• Leader

Kanye West isn't shy about telling people what's on his mind.

In his new interview with GQ, Kanye doesn't directly say he'll vote for Trump, but reading between the lines it's clear that's what he's alluding to. 

“Black people are controlled by emotions through the media. The media puts musicians, artists, celebrities, actors in a position to be the face of the race, that really don’t have any power and really are just working for white people…So let me say this: I am the founder of a $4 billion organization, one of the most Google-searched brands on the planet, and I will not be told who I’m gonna vote on because of my color. I’m definitely voting this time. And we know who I’m voting on.” (Kanye West didn’t vote in the 2016 election.)

Black communities are the hardest hit in the country when it comes to the Coronavirus. That's because, in my opinion, the government doesn't care. Kanye voting for Trump extends this equality gap even further. 

Does Kanye have an obligation to vote for Biden or is his vote for Trump all good? I know America is freedom of speech and choice, but this feels irresponsible of him. Thoughts?

kanye-trump.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a point. I feel like a lot of these celebrities speaking on social issues could really care less, to them it’s just a part of the job and because politics play such a huge roll in pop culture these days, they are in a way forced to all have the same opinions on social/political issues whether they really stand for them or not.

We just need to realize that celebrities aren’t going to change the world and that it’s okay for an artist to not make their art all about politics. At the end of the day it’s us as humans that have to make that change.

That being said, I applaud all those who do use their platform from the heart to stand for communities that need a voice :mhm:

6 hours ago, Adan695 said:

He has a point. I feel like a lot of these celebrities speaking on social issues could really care less, to them it’s just a part of the job and because politics play such a huge roll in pop culture these days, they are in a way forced to all have the same opinions on social/political issues whether they really stand for them or not.

We just need to realize that celebrities aren’t going to change the world and that it’s okay for an artist to not make their art all about politics. At the end of the day it’s us as humans that have to make that change.

That being said, I applaud all those who do use their platform from the heart to stand for communities that need a voice :mhm:

I 1000% agree I think so many celebrities get political for the sake of making the headlines. And u can tell the difference when it’s a genuine cause and when they want press:forkit:

Kanye has such a chip on his shoulder. It seems like black artists run the music industry. P Diddy and Jay-Z are massively wealthy off their own ingenuity too and I’d hardly call that “working for white people”. 

Kanye can vote for whoever because who really cares about a rich, out of touch narcissists political opinion? I do like when celebs use their platforms to do good things but their word isn’t gospel. 

14 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Kanye has such a chip on his shoulder. It seems like black artists run the music industry. P Diddy and Jay-Z are massively wealthy off their own ingenuity too and I’d hardly call that “working for white people”. 

Kanye can vote for whoever because who really cares about a rich, out of touch narcissists political opinion? I do like when celebs use their platforms to do good things but their word isn’t gospel. 

I think when he says “working for white people” he’s talking about that 1% that own the industry. Diddy and Jay-Z are definitely high up on that pyramid, but they aren’t at the very top, there’s still that small percent above them that are profiting off of the mark that they’ve made in the industry. I could be wrong but that’s what I think he’s talking about, it’s Kanye so who really knows honestly :yaknow:

2 minutes ago, Adan695 said:

I think when he says “working for white people” he’s talking about that 1% that own the industry. Diddy and Jay-Z are definitely high up on that pyramid, but they aren’t at the very top, there’s still that small percent above them that are profiting off of the mark that they’ve made in the industry. I could be wrong but that’s what I think he’s talking about, it’s Kanye so who really knows honestly :yaknow:

You’re probably right. Even still, no one likes the 1%. Even white people. We are all slaves to their messed up system. But when you’re as rich as Kanye is, even if he isn’t in the 1%, seems kinda whiny to complain when you’ve got literally hundreds of millions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived