Billboard releases in conjunction with Billboard pride The top 20 empowerment anthems

Spicechinodiva

Billboard in conjunction with Billboard pride announced the top 20 Empowerment Anthems for the LGBTQ community. 

Number one Is Express Yourself by Madonna.

That did start a war of words with the little monsters and Madonna fans. While both adults buried the hatchet. It does seem the stan war will continue as long as we live. 

Could continue in Hell as well. Who knows?????

The fact that Stronger by Britney spears isn't included in this list has led to a debate and caused minor controversy stating that song helped a lot of her fans to accept themselves and is a modern day I will survive and shall be treated as such.

The inclusion of Cardi B's #1 bodak Yellow (money moves) did raise questions especially her comments on the transgender community defending migos and the queer comment (Katy Perry did get major backlash for working with them on Bon appetit. Some questioned if she is still using our community just for money. Dates back all the way to I kissed a girl) and of course wishing someone's mother to contact and die of AIDS definitely raised eyebrows and accused billboard of including a shallow anthem. 

Some do say the obsession with money and status quo is so 00s mentality. A tired trend that needs to die. 

Opinions anybody?????

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived