Ticketmaster quietly changes refund policy, screws ticket purchasers

• Leader

Ticketmaster pulled a fast one on concert-goers who purchased tickets to shows that are no longer happening because of the Coronavirus. 

They quietly changed their refund policy recently to reduce refund payouts. The old policy promised refunds for events that were "postponed, rescheduled or canceled," but the update now covers cancellations only.

It appears to be a desperate attempt to stay afloat. 

ticketmaster_refund_policy_old-1.jpg

Stubhub did something similar. They offered vouchers instead of refunds, which opened them up to a class action lawsuit. 

“It is currently impossible for us to offer immediate cash refunds to all buyers,” StubHub said.

Do you think Ticketmaster did ticket holders dirty?

ticketmaster.jpg

• Like 1

With the current economic system they sure did. 

I spent close to 400 dollars for two floor seats to See Janet this summer. Before it all went down. 

They definitely have a lawsuit. This is probably more able to go to a court than the Madonna late start one. 

But then again what people don't know is Ticketmaster is a Live Nation company. 

That purchase did cause controversy. It also basically forced AEG Live out of the concert tour business. They only do residences and Music festivals due to the purchase of the biggest ticket organizer by their competitors. 

I don't think there's one definite answer for this.
On the one hand, no one knows if they'll be available for the "postponed" dates, but at the same time you can't say that "nobody knows their future" when you bought tickets for dates usually months ahead of time.
And on the other hand, even though these companies are definitely holding the buyers' money for something people didn't effectively get, how can you expect them to pay back and stay afloat in such weird and unusual circumstances they I'm sure they already invested in all the future concerts?

From what I understand, if a show you've got tickets for has been postponed, you usually can't ask for a refund until a rescheduled date has been announced and you know for certain you cannot make the new date. At least this is what happened when Gaga postponed my date (only she ended up cancelling it anyway dd).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block