Rupaul got asked When will Britney spears have her own drag race theme challenge? Answer is disappointing but expected

Spicechinodiva

Last Friday Rupaul's drag race made Madonna history by giving her a third tribute this time with the critically acclaimed Madonna the unauthorized rusical. 

Millenials and Gen Z fans are fed up with their favorite pop stars or icons not being tributed. 

One asked When will Britney spears get her own tribute?

Rupaul replied but as expected the answer confirmed one thing..

"JUST BECAUSE SHE DOES GREAT MUSIC AND HAS GREAT MUSIC. DOESN'T TRANSLATE GAY ICON"  "UNLIKE MADONNA,  JANET JACKSON.  WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO SOLIDIFY HER STATUS. DOES SHE DONATE TO CHARITIES,  DOES SHE DO ANYTHING THAT ACTUALLY PROMOTES EQUALITY,  YOU WILL LIKELY SEE A XTINA TRIBUTE WAY BEFORE BRITNEY GETS ONE ON MY SHOW"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's the winner of a GLAAD icon award :tiffdrink:

Has always been very vocal about her support for the LGBTQ :tiffdrink:

Donates to charities :tiffdrink:

among the A-listers that appeared in Brazilian singer Yann’s music video for Igual which talks about freedom of love, is a manifesto about violence against LGBTQ people :tiffdrink:

She wrote a special handwritten letter Billboard’s viral Love Letters to the LGBTQ Community :tiffdrink:

She organized an M&G for LGBTQ fans, themed her POM stage in purple  and provided anti-bullying materials to people as part of anti-bullying campaign with GLAAD :tiffdrink:

She signed an open letter against two anti-LGBTQ bills, which targeted transgender youth in Texas :tiffdrink:

Participated on the Hands tribute song for Orlando's gay nightclub victims :tiffdrink:

Is this enough? :tiffdrink:

OH MY GOD. I literally was just rewatching episode 7 for the second time like 3 hours ago because it was such a good episode. But oh my gawd Ru you did not. :embarrassney:

It's weird that he thinks this way when just last season, a maxi challenge was sort of like a half tribute to Britney and Mariah. Why would he let that happen last season if he thinks this way. Also, Xtina? I mean, yeah ok i'm not undermining her gay icon status but I think it's just mostly because of Beautiful and it's music video. Without that, she and Britney would be on the same level. This is so disappointing.

Ok I went to Twitter and checked Drag Race's account as well as Rupaul's, where did he say this? Where is your source?

I'm so disappointed. There are so many LGBTQ+ allies in the industry. He should not undermine anyone's contributions or status to the rainbow community. The fact that there is a clamor for a Britney Tribute makes his opinions invalid. It is and was never about Britney just having and doing great music. It is so much more than that. It is about her status as an inspiration and a beacon of hope for the community. Britney Spears is one of the most resilient celebrities in the world and despite everything that's happened to her, she remained kind and loving. These are things that members of the LGBTQ+ community can identify with. My gawd. The snob jumped out.

Ru should see this. From my folks at Billboard.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/pride/8099507/britney-spears-gay-icon-best-moments

And these too.

3 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

But also he kept spinning Britney tracks at drag con and always tweets about her, not only that but she has a huge gay following so I’m not sure how she’s not a gay icon but Janet Xtina and cher are

Because he never said this

Archived