'The Emancipation of Mimi' by Mariah Carey turns 15-years-old

I remember watching her **** Clark's NYE performance this era and i was just slayed by her vocals. I'd never really listened to her, like i knew Hero because of 9/11 but that was the first time i remembered seeing her on TV. My parents didn't listen to anything other than classic rock and stuff like the beatles and rolling stones, so modern pop and r&b were unheard of at my house. It was an iconic moment in time.

mariah carey diva GIFThe mimi era is where Bryan Tanaka. The first lover that truly loves and appreciates her was introduced in that era. Even at the young age of 22. He knew he was meant for her. But as the Gentlemen he is.

Two things happened.

He remained single and celibate.  *********** to keep his member alive during the drought. 

#2. Knew she was off limits due to Nick Cannon.  So he waited and waited. In 2017. Even during her heaviest of weight. He got the girl he wanted. And honestly. I haven't seen her this happy in love. Honestly his IG posts shows that it's genuine. Not a fake bs. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

obsessed isn’t even in her top 50 :deadbanana:

imagine saying something so ignorant like this when you have probably never even heard her discography outside of a select few hits, your taste is trash but none of us are surprised :queenflopga:

Brb while I cry about this insanely hurtful insult :tear::tear:

8 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This is where I say. You are very general public in the taste of MC. Probably an European who hates urban music as most do. 

Not European lol :imok:

8 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

You are missing out on legit golden gems, you need to give her entire discography a chance, I promise you won't be disappointed :sendinglove:

Youre the only one who has responded kindly :mattafact: 

7 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

:gunriah: GET HA :goat:

:milkney::bigkiss:

As much as I adore Mariah and music (you can probably deduce it looking at my avatar :gagasmile:) i am not a big fan of this album. It is of course iconic and has legendary hits (We Belong Together and It's L:ke That which is my forever jam :madance:) as well as some gems (Say Something,  Joy Ride and Fly Like a Bird), but... 

i don't find it pleasurable to listen as a whole. There are songs which base mainly on her screaming. Of course I love her voce and what she can do with it but I prefer when it is not just screaming as loud and long as you can:katybelt:. When I listen to this album I almost always skip Stay a Night.  I don't say that this a bad album, but she has plenty of better ones. I prefer E=MC2 which is basically a ripoff of Mimi :pieceofwhat:

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This is where I say. You are very general public in the taste of MC. Probably an European who hates urban music as most do. 

It hurts me so much that she is almost entirely forgotten here in Europe and that the only time when you can hear her on the radio is Christmas.

The only songs  of her, except AIWFCIU, that are quite known in Poland are Without You, Hero and, maybe a little, Obsessed. I've also heard her version of I want To Know What Love Is in a mall

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

You know nothing Jon Snow. 

I mean, I've just never been tempted to listen to the whole album because outside of stan world, I haven't heard that much praise for TEOM. Its Metacritic score is 64 which isn't very impressive imo, so I guess I just never thought it was worth the time to listen to the whole thing because it doesn't seem like one of those highly acclaimed albums that every pop music fan needs to get into?

Anyway, I literally said that it was a cute comeback and I liked pretty much every single from that era (okay except maybe Fly Like a Bird). So I dunno why the downvotes came; I wasn't shading the album. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block