I was today years old when I discovered "You Got It All" is a cover

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Y'all, I have something embarrassing to admit. :mcorangu:

I was at the grocery store earlier (wearing a mask and keeping my distance from everyone of course), when I STOPPED in my tracks. :umomg:

I started singing along to the song when I realized it was not Queen Britney singing. :huh:

How could I know the words to this song when I don't recognize the vocals at all? :beynah:

I was singing "You Got It All," but it wasn't Britney singing it. :crying3:

It was then that I discovered she covered it. :ohmygawd:

I'm very aware I'm a music journalist turned community builder, but this was just too much. :disbelief:

Unless I did know at some point and just forgot, but I don't think so. I'm genuinely a dumb dumb and this is a new realization. :awkblink:

20 years after the album came out. :selenerz:

I just absolutely knew I had to come onto Exhale and tell you. :yesokay:

I'm ready for the stoning. :cigney:

britney-you.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Are you kidding me? :blol:

I understand not knowing I'll Never Stop Loving You being a cover because I also just recently found out about that, like last year on Twitter. But You Got It All by the Jets is a classic. :rihit:

Omg. WHAT?????? 

That's a cover too? :umomg:

I- :awkblink:

I just Googled it. The original is by J'son in 1996 :sponge:

it's not quite a cover but a sample, BUT i always find it wild that ooh ooh baby uses the melody from happy together by the turtles. like what a wild jump to make but i kind of love it lol. also out from under being a cover is so weird when you learn where it's from...like that was a random choice but turned out pretty cute

but anyway, you got it all has become one of my favorite early britney tracks. like i legit love it so much..idk why it is but it is. she emotes so well in it and her voice just sounds perfect and i love how it's not too schmamy (girl in the mirror, heart, email my heart, dear diary) but also not a snooze fest/too slow (ftbombh, i'll never stop loving you, where are you now). i wish they left it on bomt...you got it all + let me take you there + love the hurt away + im so curious inserted and some of the weaker tracks booted out would've taken that album from a 6/10 to an 8/10 :tiffsniffle:

24 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Are you kidding me? :blol:

I understand not knowing I'll Never Stop Loving You being a cover because I also just recently found out about that, like last year on Twitter. But You Got It All by the Jets is a classic. :rihit:

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****

I'M ONE OF THE BIGGEST CONNOISSEUR ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT BRITNEY

THIS BLEW MY MIND

Archived