Rank the #1s From Teenage Dream

1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Tbh when it comes to Britney, I don't expect much :mcorangu: Even after all this is over, I'm pretty sure the B10 lead single would be on the same line as Make Me or DYWCO :mcorangu:

I find myself listening to a lot more of Katy than Britney when I need some upliftment you know :tiffdrink: In general, Prism is one of my favourite albums because it has all kinds of bops :tiffdrink:

But you still stanned. :barbie:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Roxxy said:

The double standard. :lessons: We literally have the same ranking except for 1 and 2 and yet you praise him :lessons: and you shade me :lessons: when I even put E.T. at number one just like you did :lessons: but you call him taste for having Teenage Dream at the top :lessons: what is this unfair double standard it's really evident :lessons:

@Alex_1991 Chill is being mean to me. :crying4:

@ILikeChillinWithYou No no nono don't you come for my beetch @Roxxy. Ever. You're not on her level chilly, you'll never been on her level.

Don't 

Come

For 

Her

:holduplisten:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

:blol: I like bich Katy.  :barbie:

Me too lol :mcorangu: Huge essay incoming.

This is how I perceive Katy from different eras. One Of The Boys Katy was an industry plant still new to the whole scene. She was working her arse off to make a big name. She let her label take the lead and went with it and was risking all in to make herself a household name. Picture the Katy from the video of Thinking Of You :katycream:

Teenage Dream Katy was more childish and goofy unlike OOTB. She realized that a new persona came with a name like Katy Perry. She incorporated funny videos, goofy love performances, colorful wigs and a more sexualized image to appeal to the public and the public reciprocated with support. This was also her commercial peak so Katy thought that life is all good and easy. Picture the Katy from California Gurls video :katyfrog:

But then the Russel incident happened. She did some self reflexivity and came to the understanding that she couldn't let someone else control her and she was big enough to play her own strings. Hence we move to the Prism era, the peak of bit chy katy. She called the shots and she became a lot more mature and less childish this era. You can see this from her interviews, which went from all fun Katy to a bold woman who knows what to say and what not to. Compared to TD, Prism era was also more impactful WorldWide. Also the cherry on top of the cake? Superbowl. Everyone knew her as a star with low stage quality and presence to do an event like halftime show but then she came and she came for blood to prove people wrong. I saw the one hour documentary of Katy's superbowl show and I could see she wasn't afraid of people judging her anymore, she just dove in. She had the whole show under her command and didn't take nothing from her management. She wants the costumes in time for the rehearsal, she gets the costumes in time for the rehearsals. She called out backup dancers for being lazy and she controlled every detail of the show, because she knew she was THAT bit ch and didn't take sh it from anybody or cared what anyone thought of her. This era was her creative and popularity peak. Think of Katy from the video of Dark Horse :katybelt:

From this we arrive at Witness. The 2016 elections had a lot of impact on her and she gave deep thoughts in to who she is and not who she was trying to be. One 30 sec video to sum Witness Katy:

Think Katy from the video of Chained To The Rhythm :katyfrog:

Then we have current Katy, my second favorite Katy after Prims Katy. She's the happiest she's ever been in her life. She found the love of her life, got engaged, is starting a family, makes a stable income from American Idol, is not chart obsessed anymore, is very much herself, releases music as she pleases, mended past feuds like the one with Taylor and is also the most mature and kind she's ever been. Think Katy from Never Really Over :snarky:

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I thought you hated Katy :fakecry: also Teenage Dream first :tiffdrink: That’s taste, right there :tiffdrink:

I liked her first album back then. Hot'n'cold and I kissed a girl were my jams, and I thought she looked beautiful. Thinking of you is still one of my faves from her. It's such a sweet song and she sings it with much emotion. 

Teenage dream is pure pop perfection. A couple little mistakes aside, it's an unbelievably good pop record. I remember thinking that Teenage Dream should have been the Circus record (I love Circus, don't get me wrong). From Pearl to Teenage Dream, from Who am I Living For to Wide Awake, if you love pop you can't get tired of this record. 

Prism is a different story: it's not bad, but I think it's no teenage dream. It's a little boring and less powerful. Love roar, dark horse and legendary lovers, but the rest sounds like a so and so rehash of the previous record. 

I think witness is not THAT bad! Chained to the rythm is cute, bon appetit is cringy but boppish, swish swish is catchy as hell. The rest is not so good, but there are some decent moments like Hey Hey Hey. I think she couldn't reinvent herself at all. Her image change was not well thought, the promotion was messy, singles were wrong, people stopped caring about her. She thought she was doing serious, purposeful pop but she really missed the point. She should have just played with the futuristic stuff like she did with 365.

I love 365! It should have been the first Witness single! It's an amazing song and I love the video. 

Never really over is my jam. She didn't chart with it because people don't care about her and this pure pop genre anymore, but I swear it's just a lovely song. It's totally what she does best, and the video is cute as ****. Small talk is bad though, but I can see where she was going with it. Harleys In Hawaii is not bad at all, and Never Worn White (despite not being amazing) is a cute little ballad.

I like Katy. I think she's not a good singer but she has a good voice. With proper training she would have been way better. Her performances until Prism didn't help people connect with her at all. It's like most of the people loved her music and ignored the singer. 

There's something about her personality which... Throws me off. I actually like her a lot when she's being serious. She comes out as a smart, relatable and nice woman. I loved, loved, loved her carpool karaoke where she honestly came clean about the TS drama. I hated when she ridiculously backtracked it all. It was pitiful to watch. She should have just said that they're adults and they overcome their differences. 

When she's being funny, she's annoying. I think she's a little more shy than people think, and that her funny persona is a mask. It's over exaggerated, and it's what really gets on my nerves. The britney mental jokes were unacceptable. She just doesn't seem to be thinking before speaking sometimes. 

I like Katy. I've been following her career. She had bops and extremely high points, but she destroyed it all in a literal heartbeat. In a second she went from the top of the world to just being ignored by everyone. I hope she won't act desperate like during her witness late promo though. If she just embraces the fact that she couldn't be succesful as she's been, she can still give us great bops. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block