Director Pedro Almodóvar Exposes man-eating Madonna

• Leader

Director Pedro Almodóvar is opening up about different memorable moments in his life in an on-going series called “Quarantine Diary.”

He recalled an interesting encounter with Madonna in 1990 while she was filming her iconic documentary, Madonna: Truth or Dare. According to him, he invited Madonna to a flamenco party in Madrid and watched the queen of pop try and seduce the then-up-and-coming (and married) Antonio Banderas.

Ready for the tea? :madance:

“She didn’t ask for permission to use our images, and she even dubbed me, because my English mustn’t have been that good,” Almodóvar said in his diary, which was translated by IndieWire. A portion of this is quoted from Vulture.

“Antonio’s harassment was one of the main storylines, and she, obviously, edited in how she dispatched [Banderas’s wife], Ana Leza, with only one sentence,” Almodóvar wrote of Truth or Dare. “At the end of the dinner, Ana dared to get close to our table and told the divine blonde sarcastically, ‘I see you like my husband. It doesn’t surprise me — all women like him — but I don’t mind because I am very modern.’ To which Madonna replied: ‘Get lost.’”

Despite her apparently aggressive attempts at home-wrecking, Banderas didn’t bite. “At some point during the dinner, Madonna told me, ‘Ask Antonio if he likes hitting women (I swear it was like that),” the director recalled. “I translated it for him. Antonio doesn’t say anything. He mumbles, and he pulls a face as if to say, ‘I am a Spanish gentleman, and I’ll do whatever a lady asks me to do.’ For me, it was an eloquent silence and gesture. But Madonna wanted more.” He asked again … and got the same answer. “There had to be a pandemic for the world to know what that dinner was like in reality,” he added.

“I don’t mind if this seems like a settling of scores. If it had been the other way round (me filming Madonna and her team and making a film with all that material which I would then premiere around the world) I would have taken such a hit in the form of a lawsuit I’d still be recovering from it,” Almodóvar wrote. “Madonna treated us like simpletons, and I had to say it one day.”

Thoughts???

giphy.gif

madonna-truth.jpg

• Like 2

As the biggest rebel heart. In the same scene in the film. She dissed Antonio for wearing cowboy boots and basically said his wife ruined the mood. She wasn't invited. She's not A list. Stay home. She even said. The marriage is doomed in the commentary. They divorced one year later cos a Mexican heartthrob is always hotter single than married.  He went to shack up with Melanie Griffith..

Why should I take some advice from a has been director. Who praised Madonna and said without her talking about one of his earlier films. He wouldn't have a career stateside. Someone is a bitter queen.

Plus this is the same woman who threatened the Toronto police for ruining her show cos of obscene complaints. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

it's Madge. The original Regina of pop culture :madance:

That's how she got to the top. 

Hate to break it to this generation. But being nice, Kind is literally being asked to be taken advantage of, walked on. You name it. Develop some thick skin. The real world isn't friendly or all about fake kindness. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

That's how she got to the top. 

Hate to break it to this generation. But being nice, Kind is literally being asked to be taken advantage of, walked on. You name it. Develop some thick skin. The real world isn't friendly or all about fake kindness. 

:disappointed:

Well... charity begins at home. Not because the world is a horrible place means that we have to behave the same :nyschool:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

:disappointed:

Well... charity begins at home. Not because the world is a horrible place means that we have to behave the same :nyschool:

Well Knowing Madonna's home life as a kid. She was already mad at her father by the age of 8. He remarried after her mother died. That was total disrespect to Madonna's mom also named Madonna. 

It definitely caused a huge rift between the two and A vengeance on men at that age. 

While they made up. This anger towards her father lasted for 30 years until Lola was born. She realized that she didn't know what to do as a parent cos she disrespected him and Joan. Like many biographies state. Madonna gave her stepmom hell. To the point at the age of 15. Her father grounded her for slapping joan five times at once. 

Antonio Banderas is so hot. :yesplease: He made me wet even before I knew what "wet" was.

Good for Mrs. Banderas for sticking up for her man, and good for Antonio for admitting he'll do "whatever a woman asks" of him. :thirsty: 

But I have to call bull on this story. If someone harassed me that severely, I never would've done a movie with them. And he did Evita with her years later when she was pregnant. And trust me, pregnant women are ten times h o r n i e r than non-pregnant women. So she would've been STALKING him like Nala stalking Timon and Pumbaa.

his answer is iconic I am a Spanish gentleman, and I’ll do whatever a lady asks me to do.  :badgirl:

Sure he is.  if Madonna said to Antonios wife Get lost then that was  really rude. But i think she could say that i mean she is Madonna..so she probably felt like she can get any men.

I don't know what to tell some people. This is the same woman who wrote the Gay Bar club anthem ***** I'm Madonna.  A love letter to people like Pedro amd Mrs. Banderas. Is she arrogant yes, But that's one of the reasons why she was loved. M herself is a baby boomer 1958. 

She literally did become a celebrity during the time of arrogance and marerialoam. The more money you had. The more happier you were was the motto of the 80's 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:47 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

As the biggest rebel heart. In the same scene in the film. She dissed Antonio for wearing cowboy boots and basically said his wife ruined the mood. She wasn't invited. She's not A list. Stay home. She even said. The marriage is doomed in the commentary. They divorced one year later cos a Mexican heartthrob is always hotter single than married.  He went to shack up with Melanie Griffith..

Why should I take some advice from a has been director. Who praised Madonna and said without her talking about one of his earlier films. He wouldn't have a career stateside. Someone is a bitter queen.

Plus this is the same woman who threatened the Toronto police for ruining her show cos of obscene complaints. 

he is from Spain, Europe. Mexico is South America, huge difference.  Be more respectful when you use Mexican heartthrob. Also your comments about Almodovar:hype: ***** I can tell you lack of information about him and how everybody wants to work with him, Madonna wishes she could appear in one of his films and actually do a good acting...  I dont know how can you be by Madonna's side when she is acting like a man with *****. Anyways time is showing that she is a clown, at the end she has no voice and is not aging well. 

This is kind of like the same story with Rosalia, people is still surprise that there are famous people that value more themselves and their careers instead of collaborating with the first "icon" that appears. Madonna's discography.... apart from the singles... whatever, lets thanks her for the visuals. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block