What is Britney's most iconic album cover?

Urbanney

What is Britney's most iconic album cover?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Unpopular opinion but I really hate that her debut album is known as iconic (cover wise)  I really hate that picture and even back then I didn’t like it too much. It’s just so forced she looks beautiful but again it’s always a result of jive/Larry overthinking things. 

You're not alone. I hate it too. But it's iconic. :deadbanana:I prefer the international cover. That's the one I have since it's the one available outside the US at the time. Her best album cover is and always will be self titled 2001. :barbie:

P.S. I may be biased to my stan album. TEEHEE❤

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

You're not alone. I hate it too. But it's iconic. :deadbanana:I prefer the international cover. That's the one I have since it's the one available outside the US at the time. Her best album cover is and always will be self titled 2001. :barbie:

P.S. I may be biased to my stan album. TEEHEE❤

I though I was gonna get tomatoes  thrown at me for saying that :yesokay: 

exactly, I thought the international cover was just fine like where are they getting offensive vibes? They didn’t thought that initially when they picked it. The whole making sure her legs are closed and tilting her head to side with a huge smile just screams “hey parents I’m sweet innocent and virginal. I’m harmless!” Ugh I can already hear Larry’s annoying “marketing” jargon running through my head. 

I used to hate the Britney cover but now it’s one of my favorites. :) 

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I though I was gonna get tomatoes  thrown at me for saying that

Not from me, puppy. :bigkiss:

4 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

exactly, I thought the international cover was just fine like where are they getting offensive vibes? They didn’t thought that initially when they picked it. The whole making sure her legs are closed and tilting her head to side with a huge smile just screams “hey parents I’m sweet innocent and virginal. I’m harmless!” Ugh I can already hear Larry’s annoying “marketing” jargon running through my head. 

Tbh it's still a mystery to me why they didn't use the international cover. But I also totally get it. She is a teen afterall when it came out. And tje US at the time was too conservative. Maybe more than half the entire globe. So they really marketed her as a teen. And well, it worked. Aren't her fans kids at the time - they're us. :haha:

6 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I used to hate the Britney cover but now it’s one of my favorites. 

I'm glad you saw the light. ❤ :thelook:

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Not from me, puppy. :bigkiss:

Tbh it's still a mystery to me why they didn't use the international cover. But I also totally get it. She is a teen afterall when it came out. And tje US at the time was too conservative. Maybe more than half the entire globe. So they really marketed her as a teen. And well, it worked. Aren't her fans kids at the time - they're us. :haha:

I'm glad you saw the light. ❤ :thelook:

Very true, I always assumed it was due to the video being scandalous so they really over compensated for safe measures. I’m sure one day I would eat my words and praise it :yesokay:

(it was just the photo itself, there were better photos and at the time I thought she looked like she was holding on her pee... also seem boring but I love the artwork and graphics of the Britney era)

7 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Very true, I always assumed it was due to the video being scandalous so they really over compensated for safe measures. I’m sure one day I would eat my words and praise it :yesokay:

(it was just the photo itself, there were better photos and at the time I thought she looked like she was holding on her pee... also seem boring but I love the artwork and graphics of the Britney era)

Since you mentioned Britney being 'one' of your faves. So what is your fave, puppy? :barbie:

• Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Since you mentioned Britney being 'one' of your faves. So what is your fave, puppy? :barbie:

ITZ, I love that it’s a Patrick demarchelier photo and blue is my favorite color. I like Oops next because of the set and Mark Seliger shoots for rolling stone and musicians mostly so it has this rockstar vibe to it. I guess I focus more on the photograph itself and then see if the graphics compliment it or not. I know the Britney cover was shot by Steven Klein but his other shots of her are better to me)

8 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

ITZ, I love that it’s a Patrick demarchelier photo and blue is my favorite color. I like Oops next because of the set and Mark Seliger shoots for rolling stone and musicians mostly so it has this rockstar vibe to it. I guess I focus more on the photograph itself and then see if the graphics compliment it or not. I know the Britney cover was shot by Steven Klein but his other shots of her are better to me)

You really picked the 3 best ones and why should I be surprised when you're a photographer yourself. :bigkiss: And yes, Patrick Demarchelier's is the best - objectively speaking. But I have to give it to my girl self titled 2001 because I stan. :barbie:

Baby is cute, the International version is better

Oops one is iconic

I don't like the yellow fluo and how they placed the text in the Britney one

I love ITZ, love the color

Blackout is ok, the text should have been placed lower tho and less exposure on her face

Circus is cute but not really representative of the theme, also the bad photoshop on her arm is just not possible :juggingu: 

FF is ok but boring, especially with a tittle like that, a bit too overexposed but it's Randee so.. :airpls:

I find BJ one sad, would have been better with a different background and colors

Glory is her worst, I hate pictures without a minimum contrast, and the typo is ugly, it looks very medieval :juggingu:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

You really picked the 3 best ones and why should I be surprised when you're a photographer yourself. :bigkiss: And yes, Patrick Demarchelier's is the best - objectively speaking. But I have to give it to my girl self titled 2001 because I stan. :barbie:

It’s not that hard when there’s not much to chose from :quirkney: It’s not like she has the most artistic covers. I can see why you like the self titled one, I feel like that’s the most work they put into a cover, it’s so artsy fartsy :mcry:

Archived