Lemonade is overrated [Opinion]

That's weird that you posted this cause I was literally just listening to the album for the first time in years last night. The album is obviously very cohesive and tells a story, which I appreciate. Best songs off the album are obviously Daddy Lessons (one of her greatest of all time btw), Pray You Catch Me and Don't Hurt Yourself. Hold Up is cute too. From a replay-value perspective, a majority of the songs and minimalistic production don't really catch my attention.

Songs like Formation or Freedom may convey powerful political messages but they are just so annoying/repetitive and I can barely stomach through them. 

I will say - Self-Titled had more stand-outs but also hella filler and the album just drags on. :deadbanana: That being said, I do think Lemonade is her most cohesive body of work, but I agree OP. It's overrated in many aspects. After all, she is a critics darling and I think the one and only main reason it received such critical acclaim was because of the social and political statements that were conveyed. In that regard, it was a meaningful album but from a musical standpoint, the production really isn't all that.

Still better than Glory though. :goat:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Livin4art said:

Lemonade is not overrated the fact that people including yourself are still talking about it after 4 years is a proof beside its timeless sound

The only reason I made a thread of this was because I had later found out the album was freaking album of decade:didilie: idk about timeless sound but KAYYY...

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Lemonade is her most cohesive body of work, but I agree OP. It's overrated in many aspects. After all, she is a critics darling and I think the one and only main reason it received such critical acclaim was because of the social and political statements that were conveyed. In that regard, it was a meaningful album but from a musical standpoint, the production really isn't all that.

PREACH!:meryl:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

The only reason I made a thread of this was because I had later found out the album was freaking album of decade:didilie: idk about timeless sound but KAYYY...

Name an album from 2016/2017 that sounds fresher , unlike most of the newbies and pop girls lemonade brought something unique and new , while Camila , Dua or any of those newbies are sampling machines , it may not be catchy or a fantastic pop album but it's original and genuine in it's sound (not saying lyrically because Beyonce is not the writer) but anyways we just have different opinions at the end of the day:whatitellu: and I agree it shouldn't be crowned the album of the decade it's nonsense to choose one when there are so many good albums out there , personally I liked asatt by Solange better and I think it would be more accurate to call that the (R&B/soul) album of the decade ....

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block